Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Office Xp Professional

Having installed Office XP 2002 with FrontPage that i downloaded through KLite, i am having problems installing Service Pack 1.

Is this to do with not having the original cd, since this is required during set up. I have copied the installation files to cd but it doesn't work.

Product: Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage -- Error 1328. Error applying patch to file c:\Config.Msi\PT190.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor. System Error: -1072807676
    Does anyone have any ideas? BTW i'm on dial up so i'd rather not download a different version.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    I had the problem too. Youll never be able to download service pack one with any office xp file you get off kazaa unless you download an iso and burn it to a disk.

I have no desire anyway to download sp1 for office because it works just fine. Set aside from the security risk that reside in outlook express, but I dont use that garbage anyway.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    download the office xp ISO... then extract the contents with WinISO, burn them to a CD with Nero.. it should with that Office xp disk now

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Thanks to both of you for answers. I am tempted to just say screw the service packs; being the perfectionist that i am however i can't rest easy.

Is there no work around for this. I did find this site but it says it will only work for the Enterprise/Corporate edition of Office XP.

I don't seem able to find an OfficeXP ISO by searching with KazzaLite.

Does anyone have any idea whether one is readily available, if so what exactly should i be searching for.

Thanks again.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I've posted this before some where but, What you need to do is install it in terminal services mode due to an MS patch that hides office1.cab .

Copy the entire CD to a folder on the desktop and download the 2 service packs from the MS download center to that same folder. There is a command to slipstream them but I don't have that right now.
    Go to add remove programs and choose add new programs / from CD or floppy / browse to the folder with the service packs and office XP/ click on the setup.exe .
    when it's finished, do the same with the 2 service packs. If you get the already updated notice, click ignore. If it can't find office1.cab , uninstall office XP and use this method to reinstall it.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by balamm@ 10 July 2003 - 03:07
    I've posted this before some where but, What you need to do is install it in terminal services mode due to an MS patch that hides office1.cab .

Copy the entire CD to a folder on the desktop and download the 2 service packs from the MS download center to that same folder. There is a command to slipstream them but I don't have that right now.
    Go to add remove programs and choose add new programs / from CD or floppy / browse to the folder with the service packs and office XP/ click on the setup.exe .
    when it's finished, do the same with the 2 service packs. If you get the already updated notice, click ignore. If it can't find office1.cab , uninstall office XP and use this method to reinstall it.
    Thanks for advice. I tried what you said but it didn't work, for me at least. I did as you said, except since i downloaded the Office XP files through Kazaa Lite i couldn't copy the cd, i copied the downloaded files.

It did stop the installer asking me for the installation cd, however i still get this error message when i try to install SP1:-
    Product: Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage -- Error 1328. Error applying patch to file c:\Config.Msi\PT190.tmp. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information contact your patch vendor. System Error: -1072807676
    Is there anyway i can overcome this?? Balamm, do you know how to 'slipstream' the installation?? I'd be very, very grateful....

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    You need to do a search for notorious networks ... and they walk you through adding Sp1 and Sp2 through a ADMIN update. The steps are all lined out in simple english and I have done it and have no problems now with my Office XP Pro with Frontpage from K-lite?

Now I can go to Office Update and it treats me like I bought Office Xp off of Microsoft. K-lite is the best ... if you can't get it here ... wait a few days ... and it will be here!!!

Good luck!!!
    B)

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by RobGee@21 July 2003 - 10:33
    You need to do a search for notorious networks ... and they walk you through adding Sp1 and Sp2 through a ADMIN update. The steps are all lined out in simple english and I have done it and have no problems now with my Office XP Pro with Frontpage from K-lite?

Now I can go to Office Update and it treats me like I bought Office Xp off of Microsoft. K-lite is the best ... if you can't get it here ... wait a few days ... and it will be here!!!

Good luck!!!
    B)
    Yep its all here at their site. Heres the link. Im about to try it now.

http://notorious.dezines.com/notorious/art...icles/index.htm

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Thanks RobGee. That page though says:-
    This alternative method only works with the Enterprise/Corporate edition of Office XP.
    .....and i have Office XP Professional with Frontpage. Does this work with Professional? Is Pro the same as COrp.
    shn, let me know how you get on please. Thanks again RobGee.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by LTJBukem@21 July 2003 - 13:32
    Thanks RobGee. That page though says:-
    This alternative method only works with the Enterprise/Corporate edition of Office XP.
    .....and i have Office XP Professional with Frontpage. Does this work with Professional? Is Pro the same as COrp.
    shn, let me know how you get on please. Thanks again RobGee.
    Things arent looking too good over here. I tried it and the first service pack installed correctly.................or did it ? The problem now is that even though I didnt get any errors after installing the sp1 when I go to the about box under help menu in any of my office xp applications it doesnt say office xp sp1. And the sp2 just didnt install at all. I think your right. Maybe this method wont work with office xp with frontpage.

Oh well, thanks for the advice though Robgee

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast