Thread: "AMD Live!"

Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Now I have a little time in the evenings I've been toying with the BIOS on my M2N32-SLi Deluxe.

Last night I spent not a little time trying to find out exactly what this "AMD Live!" thing is. I know it's a feature of my 5200 CPU but all I can find out about it is that multimedia PCs with it can enjoy multimedia.
    Whoopie-fucking-doo.
    I got that with "AMD Live!" turned off. :s

So tonight I came in from work and turned it on and have found out exactly what it is.
    It's an unknown device for which XP cannot find a driver and Asus(tek) in their wisdom don't provide anything for, either... except in the M2N32-SLi FAQ telling me how to install its drivers that I've apparently managed to miraculously download and extract.

I've been down that lonely contacting Asustek Support road before and as I know they only respond to emails on a Friday afternoon (first telling you to read the FAQ and then actually reading your re-sent query on the next Friday) I figure I've got two clear days to elicit some help here.

So, does anyone have a link to an actual download page for the AMD Live! Patch v1.1 (or higher)?
    Perhaps someone here has actually got it in safe-keeping?

Any information on what it actually is (extra commands or whatever) or what difference enabling the feature makes, would be graciously accepted.

Please?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I thought AMD live was just AMD's idea of a media pc?
    As in branding their cpu as capable of running media software.

Could be way off. Even wiki doesn't really explain what amd live is...