Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FTN Invite System

Is there a big difference between having a ratio and having a green torrent history.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Is there a big difference between having a ratio and having a green torrent history.
    Yes, you can seed for 36 hours and have had no leechers and/or no upload the entire time of that, yet you have fulfilled the seeding requirements for that torrent to give you the green light, which on unpopular torrents when you have been away for a week or 2 is just perfect.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    The difference I see in having a good ratio and a green torrent history is as follows.

Good ratio proves you seeded back the same amount that you have taken and probably even more then was required, but the flaw here is that it can be achieved by jumping on a popular torrent with a seedbox or of course cheating and then begin just leeching stuff because of your buffer.

Ihmo this don't show the spirit of sharing as much as having a green torrent history which shows the user is really making an effort in the long run to share to the best of his ability and even if the members ratio doesn't have a huge buffer he/she is still a vital part of the site and most likely has been of help to members who jump on a torrent late.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Yes, you can seed for 36 hours and have had no leechers and/or no upload the entire time of that, yet you have fulfilled the seeding requirements for that torrent to give you the green light, which on unpopular torrents when you have been away for a week or 2 is just perfect.
    - i usually seed my torrents 24/7 for at least a month. this requirement is easy to keep indeed.

it's cool to learn more and more good things about this tracker

thank you for sharing these insights.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-03-2007 at 03:21 AM. Reason: spelling

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Cmon's Avatar on users.php
    Do you guys have a green history or something?
    I never see any color on my torrent history, just a plain gray..
    Know too much = bad
    My Ratio, Stats & Speed

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sperm's Avatar lol BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmon View Post
    yeah, same here.

though the ratio column has green & red amounts

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Is this green history think useful if u seed every torrent to 1:1

I hope this rule only applies when u can't seed 1:1
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    True.

i came from eMule school, where sharing was not a way of enlarge e-penis or gain status, sharing was a way of friendship and pleasure that motivated us for sharing for months or years our files.

Today, i see with sadness that the first goal of a lot of users is download the faster they can, and quit seeding the quicker the better (seedboxes)

I have 1mbit upload connection and i seed 24/7, my FTN torrent history has some red points, i have seeded those torrents for weeks and months though.
    Last edited by 0Ri0N; 10-03-2007 at 02:40 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by daveed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmon View Post
    yeah, same here.

though the ratio column has green & red amounts
    I dont see it either ... just the red/green numbers in the ratio column ... most of mine are red but most of the stuff has been seeded for a week or more ... i just checked ... hmmmz

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    If you have no pink line through any of your torrents, they you are all green, the pink line looks like a highlight pen has been used horizontally through any torrent that has not been seeded to the requirements.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast