Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Have ScT... is FTN worth going after?

10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    First. Before the point of this thread, don't post unless you have both. I'm NOT asking for FTN and I don't care if I ever get it or not since I already have ScT.

Now. ScT is wonderful and it's currently my favorite tracker. But is FTN much different? I know it has ever so slightly better pretimes, but aside from that? I know it can't have better speed, because I max out on ScT every time I download there.

They both have their exclusive packs, and ScT's are fantastic, maintaining a ratio on ScT is way easier then one might think, but on FTN there IS no ratio.

So do they level out in terms of overall quality? Or to the people with both, do you prefer one over the other and why?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Content wise, both trackers have pretty similar torrents (mostly 0day); FT.N has more articulate pack torrents.

FT.N isn't much different than ScT, except for the community (but all trackers differ in that area). ScT has better pre times, but FT.N has more unique uploads, I guess.

Yes, there isn't a ratio system on FT.N, but like you said, you're seeding fine on ScT.

The reason I prefer FT.N over ScT is it's a beautiful thing to leech a huge HD pack torrent and not worrying about it killing your ratio when it finishes downloading; when you join the IRC channel, people greet you because they know and respect you; and their well-designed style sheet.

Edit: Stupid edit system.
    Last edited by th0r; 10-02-2007 at 09:44 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Thanks th0r for the wonderful explanation!

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    th0r pretty much nailed it. In my opinion.. ScT excels a little more in the TV genre.. but FTN's packs are killer. There is also more of an overall sense of community at FTN, if that is important to you.

Both are great trackers, but if I had to choose only one, it would be FTN. I really like the feel of a small community.. and their movie packs rule
    Last edited by lessthanfour; 10-02-2007 at 11:08 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by lessthanfour View Post
    ScT excels a little more in the TV genre.. but FTN's packs are killer.
    Not for long
    FTN is about to become one of the most unique trackers (well that I know of at least) within the next couple of weeks. I've rejoined the coding team and we're currently in the process of offering something no other tracker has ever done (this has nothing to do with ratios).

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I despise trading BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Not for long
    FTN is about to become one of the most unique trackers (well that I know of at least) within the next couple of weeks. I've rejoined the coding team and we're currently in the process of offering something no other tracker has ever done (this has nothing to do with ratios).
    Words cannot describe my love for you

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    nihility's Avatar Im not the c0ps loll BT Rep: +3
    Not for long

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    BANNED BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Not for long
    hang on, am i missing something? dont you have to seed in FTN to a 1:1 ratio or seed for like 3 days or else you will get banned?, so whats the catch with the ratio system?
    Last edited by killer23; 10-03-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by killer23 View Post

Not for long
    hang on, am i missing something? dont you have to seed in FTN to a 1:1 ratio or seed for like 3 days or else you will get banned?, so whats the catch with the ratio system?
    well seeding time is now 36 hours

but it doesn't mean you will seed to 100% in this period, so the fact that you have no ratio is cool for that

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Brandon FTW again!

Also, yes FTN is word going after. IMO it is the best of both worlds, great community, intelligent/articulate users (like th0r! ), wonderful staff (they are all nice as far as I can tell), fast enough pre-times and great packs. With that being said, go after it in a manner that doesn't break the trackers rules or puts the trackers security at risk. In other words, get to know some people.
    Last edited by sense; 10-03-2007 at 01:02 AM.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast