Thread: Messenger Plus! Live 4.00.

blank BT Rep: +1
    Last edited by hungrylilboy; 01-08-2012 at 01:54 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I'll try keeping you up to date but one thing is sure: Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 will be released at about the same time as Windows Live Messenger 8.00 (final public release).
    Don't think it will be here for a while.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I know this guy who says he has it, probably not true thought right? Has any betas been released?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Messenger Plus! Live News - 25/03/2006

I know I've not posted anything for a long time but there's a good reason for it. Work on Messenger Plus! Live 4.00 is still progressing very well and I'm now confident that the software will be ready for the final public release of Windows Live Messenger (give or take a week or two). I know many of you are eager to try out the new version but please, just be a little more patient (see below). I'll soon send some information and screenshots to various Messenger related web sites, there's still a lot of work to do and everybody around the project is working hard (graphic designers, beta testers, translators, ...). The new software will be accompanied by a new web site and will be meant to mark an important milestone in the life of the Messenger Plus! project.The software is currently being tested by a few selected beta testers who are doing their best to find bugs so that you don't have to suffer from too much of them after the release. No beta version of Messenger Plus! Live has been leaked to the public so please, do not download anything that's named "MsgPlusLive 4.0" as a virus is currently circulating under that very name. This virus will cause many undesirable things to happen to your system including the complete removal of your contact list. In case of doubt, never download Messenger Plus! from any other source than this web site.
    As I don't want to disappoint anybody, I also have to insist on the fact that despite the many improvements that will be brought by the new version, you'll have to expect some features to be missing in the first release. Remember that there's only one guy coding the software and I prefer delivering less features that all work properly than more features that don't. A version 4.10 is already scheduled to be released shortly after 4.00 though so you won't be missing those features for too long (and they'll be back with more muscles and a nice tan).
    Check out mess.be for some more news next week. Meanwhile, I suggest you all go see V for Vendetta, have a good time, and don't miss the release of Final Fantasy VII Advent Children on DVD either, you'll be sorry if you do .
    Don't think so
    Last edited by tesco; 03-28-2006 at 09:24 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    true_neo's Avatar The Dark Lord Revan
    It is out for Beta testers, Translators (yours truly) will recieve a copy shortly.
    This beta lacks about half the final features, because the code is completely rewritten.
    Sage goes in the signature field.