Thread: Why is utorrent playing hide and seek with me?

Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Changed to utorrent version 1.7.4 the other day, noticed that a few torrents from bmtv had stopped and had the message i was using a banned version. So I installed 1.6.1 again, this time I was getting very slow upload speed. Then installed 1.7.2 - which was what I was using originally. Everything has been fine for a few days but downloaded a TV programme this morning and although the folder containing the file appeared in my downloads folder, it didn't show up on my list of downloads on utorrent. However, I was definitely downloading it since my download speeds shown at the bottem of utorrent went up from 10kbs to over 600kbs. It had been at 10kbs because I have been d/loading a dvd-r that is coming down very slowly. Funny thing is the dvd-r I was downloading has also disappeared from the download screen but is also definately still downloading. I have about 20 files seeding at the moment and although the total kps of upload is showing at the bottem of the screen, nothing is showing next to any of the files on the screen.
    Any ideas?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    if you right click the individual files theres an option to open the file in the containing folder.
    (forget exactly what its called)
    but basically if you press that it will show you where the file/folder is located.
    Changes are when you were doing the rollbacks and reinstalls it went back to storing the files you download in the default utorrent folder.

I beleive the default folder is in mydocuments somewhere...
    or in program_files\utorrent\
    (its been a while since ive checked.)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Thanks for the help Melvin. The problem is sorted now. One of my kids must have clicked the 'completed' tab so it was only showing files that had been completed .
    Last edited by wheeloftime; 10-03-2007 at 03:39 PM.