Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: High level trackers

Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Read your PM asafb

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    they are all 9s and 10s... cuz they have everything....
    ...that i'm looking for.

but some people seek special content and the benefit of a smaller more private community.

no doubt, tl is a great tracker. it was my first and it'll be my last.

take me for example. i like jazz music - not very popular amongst scene kiddies these days. so i tried everything to get into oink, because somebody told me i would find a lot more there, than on filemp3 (which i still use of course).

i agree on the p2l argument as well. i don't remember exactly which it was but one tracker had a rule like this:

don't sell our invites - if we wanted our invites to be sold we would do it ourselves

sct doesn't want their invites to be sold as well - they just went one step further in business strategy
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-04-2007 at 01:26 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    My join date on TL: 2005-06-27 (118 weeks ago)
    My ratio: 1.958 with 140GB buffer
    Total amount donated: $0
    Total number of times I've been asked to pay for anything: zero (0)
    Listening to people talk out of their ass: Priceless.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    by the way, wouldn't that be a great sct tracker slogan:

don't trade or sell our invites - we do it ourselves!

sorry guys, i love sct. i was just thinking of this slogan appearing under their donation button and it made me laugh

no offence to sct - great tracker whatsoever

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    isabel.pirate's Avatar soon to be inspired BT Rep: +2
    35 with a kid - self employed - surfing the forums for the endless ride can suck up a large part of your day. I have to really work not to get addicted to forums and the search. I was perfectly happy with oink for 2 years then I took a look to see what else was out there and I found TI and then here. I spend minimum an hour a day reading and writing post, most of them informative. My goals are lower BitmeTV but I am sure once I get an invite to there my goals will change.

If I were you I would not quit but use this as a way to control you addiction. Spending 14 hours a day searching for great trackers is better than wasting your life on drugs or many of the other addictions.

There is no way I can afford p2l but if you get greedier than you upload can sustain it is a way out. I think greed is one of the most common themes that enter my posts.

Good luck with the soul searching

BTW I played SIMS (the game) for a day and half before I realized that I was treating these virtual creatures better than I was myself. Take out your own garbage before taking out the garbage of a virtual house. Just a small word of advice.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by asafb View Post
    stop lurking people's money
    that's a good one...
    Now go away.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Idanp's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    I don't see anything wrong with p4l systems they don't force you to pay nothing...
    and who gives a fuck what they do with the money? im enjoy there community/fast speeds/pre times/everything without paying nothing
    i think some ppl just jealous them

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ghepard112's Avatar n00b BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    i agree with you

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I say Hoarse for courses. Some people enjoy collecting rare trackers or spending alot of time with online community whilst other are happy with just using a tracker like tl for downloading only (Bitorrenting is nothing compared to mmporg gaming when it comes to amount spend online).

Paying for invites or upload credit seem ok to me as doesnt affect your downloading/uploading. Its all optional and you dont really need to pay if you dont want to.

I have personally stopped collecting loads of trackers but still wont rely just on Tl for all my content since they may close down, have server problems etc. I,ll like to be prudent and dont like to keep all my eggs in one basket.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Quote Originally Posted by shazzar View Post
    Paying for upload credit seem ok to me as doesnt affect your uploading.
    sorry i don't get that.

if paying for upload credit doesn't effect your uploading, what does?
    uh, uploading?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast