Thread: Have been using usenet

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    depends on your wants/needs/expectations. With torrents, you have upload back to the community, worry about ratio, etc. Things show up slightly faster on the better torrent sites before they show on newsgroups, but whats a few minutes anyway?
    I find myself using newsgroups more and more, and just seeding some stuff back to torrent sites so that I can build a good ratio and download some of the older/non scene stuff that may not have many leechers. Scene stuff I just get from newsgroups, so I dont have to worry about ratio on big dvdr's and such.

So yea, its basically up to what your looking for..

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Not better - just different.

I use usenet for my larger DVDR downloads, it is quicker & cleaner, when you have dowloaded a DVDR via usenet the job is finished, if you download on torrents you have to give back that 4.4Gb + some to keep your part of the sharing agreement between you and the torrent site, and giving back 4+GB can be troublesome for some on crappy lines.

I use torrents for the interesting little things I don't have to go so searching for on usenet, and it is easier to seed back + some for what I take, and then I can talk about shit in the tracker forums without being flamed to hell like usenet groups tend to do.

So use them both, both have plus & minus points.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ♥ FST Lover ♥ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    torrents are better, sharing is caring remember? if no one shared .. then no one will be able to download in the first place... this is why i choose bittorrent.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLazy View Post
    torrents are better, sharing is caring remember? if no one shared .. then no one will be able to download in the first place... this is why i choose bittorrent.
    People don't share on usenet? I think you are wrong. It would not exist without sharers.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    SiNa's Avatar Lucid Dreaming BT Rep: +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55BT Rep +55
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLazy View Post
    yeah yeah yeah. and you're the one that thinks everyone that seeds really care about YOU lmao

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Member BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    People share a shit lot more on Usenet. There are many re uploads as requested and the content is insanely huge. It can't be compared to any tracker. Is just too big.

Usenet is usually my main source for anything. I use trackers for stuff I can't find on Usenet or for stuff that might take a few hours to hit Usenet.

I'm with Usenetserver 101+ days of renetion is alright for me and the price is right, it maxes my 10Mbit conenction all the time too.