Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE 6 or 7?

I installed IE7 for security reasons as well but I also use Maxtor (which uses IE's core to operate) and it ended up all messed up. The favorites got changed with out my consent and all kinds of other bugs. It pissed me off so I uninstalled IE7 and had to reinstall Maxtor and reaquire all my favorites by memory. This was early on so I don't know about the latest revision but I have been avoiding it like the plague. Its not just IE or Vista, Microsoft sucks so bad its ridiculous. They can't even make a decent running piece of software without it having thousands of security holes that need to be plugged over the years and then when they come up with a new piece of crap they stop supporting the old one so the hundreds of holes still left go unplugged, and you have to update to the new crappy software if you want to remain somewhat secure. They know exactly what their doing.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    seems like i should just stick w/ ie6 and my good old maxthon, aka best browser ever

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    OTO's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by V2oXX View Post
    i think that IE7 is more compact than 6 and with a better interface. You chose what to use!
    agree

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_has_the_power View Post
    does anyone know about the ie7 cookies thing? does it actually consolidate all cookies into 1 file?
    I use ccleaner on my wife's computer and it has IE 7 , cleans it just fine....I don't think you'll have any problems.

I don't know about the cookie thing ....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    i use firefox but i find IE7 it is better that IE6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12