Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Absurd And Unbelievable

Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Ilya - actualy you can get 6M/600Kb on cable (HOT)..

yeepy!! we got nice speeds in Israel..

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    ilya's Avatar Proud Israeli BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    ok sry i forgot about the new 6mb but still the speed sucks i mean the highest speed we could upload is approximately 75... and it's costs too much!

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    ADELA's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by zorozilka View Post
    Ilya - actualy you can get 6M/600Kb on cable (HOT)..

yeepy!! we got nice speeds in Israel..

maybe now israel's ip range will be unbanned on some trackers

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Greetings...

I got a call today left on my voicemail from Comcast. It was from their security and legal response department. I called back and of course the lines were so busy I had to leave a message. I'm out of town right now and I don't even know if I have a connection available until Monday. I've been downloading from Giganews and probably had abour 300-400 gigs downloaded in November, but was going non-stop for about 2 weeks straight at 1 gig/hr. My computer is off, so I can't remotely access to test the connection.

Is this a typical "warning" type of phone call, or do I have other issues to be concerned about?

Thanks!
    Uncle Milty
    Post something relevant that adds value, or keep yer trap shut like you was avoidin a sistaboy in prison.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    phhhsssssttttt.. *looks around to check if no one followed you* I have a secret to tell you that little to no one knows about when it comes to comcrap. lol no really i do!

comcast determines how much up and download a person does a month based on their mac address. If someone wants to hack comcast to get free uncapped internet they spoof their cable modem to a different mac address. What happened is someone out there probably in another state typed in a random mac address and it ended up being yours. Because of this all the data they transfer is read under your name and then comcrap thinks you uploaded and downloaded such en such amount when it wasn't you but someone else scamming the system.

To get out of this pickle either get your mac address changed, or buy for like $10 on ebay a new cable modem. Tell comcast you don't want your old cable modem and tell them the mac address of the new modem. That way your account bw will not be shared with someone else uncapping their modem.

Hopefully this makes sense. If it doesn't then look up what mac address means. If you have any questions on the tech details feel free to PM me and I will answer more for you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345