Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: God's Eye

Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    There is one called "The Eyes" tho'.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    That's more to do with the limitations of our senses than the fundamental nature of reality however it is a good point well made. How can we analyze properly if we can't observe properly.
    The thing is that we can't know the fundamental nature of reality, even if we weren't limited by our senses we couldn't, because as you said, we modify it simply by observation (we would still look at a representation of it). Unless this modification comes as a direct result of our limitations in perception.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley View Post
    That's more to do with the limitations of our senses than the fundamental nature of reality however it is a good point well made. How can we analyze properly if we can't observe properly.
    The thing is that we can't know the fundamental nature of reality, even if we weren't limited by our senses we couldn't, because as you said, we modify it simply by observation (we would still look at a representation of it). Unless this modification comes as a direct result of our limitations in perception.
    Good point.

Thinking about it, is there one fundamental nature of reality or are there many depending on one's perspective. I don't mean different interpretations of the same reality. I mean actual different realities.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Perhaps there aren't any realities as they are all just perceptions and nothing more...
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Perhaps there aren't any realities as they are all just perceptions and nothing more...
    Nah, that's just shite.

All matrixy, modern, namby-pamby, science-fantasy shite.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    balls, no it's not, if we all distort our perception to create our reality then without any perception there may be no reality, like the old 'tree falling the woods'...That's not modern you tart...
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    balls, no it's not, if we all distort our perception to create our reality then without any perception there may be no reality, like the old 'tree falling the woods'...That's not modern you tart...
    That's not what I said but, I specifically said not different perceptions of the same reality. Different realities.

The tree falling in the wood thing is pish too. It does make a sound, it just doesn't matter.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    But the nature of consciousness affects the nature of reality, for us at least.....so we'll never know for sure....
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    But the nature of consciousness affects the nature of reality, for us at least.....so we'll never know for sure....
    I would contend that the nature of consciousness affects our perception of reality, however it does not affect the reality itself.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    I'm listening to quite an interesting lecture on the subject now to refresh my perceptions.....Alan Watts....you know his stuff?
    Now go away.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast