Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is This A Good Buy?

Poster
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp...3A41937%3A56811

i'll be getting a 15" flat panel monitor elsewhere but how good is the setup listed here?

is it good enough to play a lot of the newer release pc games?
    PLEASE help me get my Free IPOD! my brother got his 4 days ago and i need help with referrals. the screensavers just aired a story and it works. Just use my referral link and i suggest the 2 week blockbuster trial. you won't owe anything! http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=10154369

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It comes with a shite integrated & memory sharing video card which means that u'll probably have problems with quite a lot of the newest games. It also doesn't have an agp slot so there is practically no chance of upgrading the graphics capability. I wouldn't really recommend this too highly, but if u decide that the cheap price is more important i saw it cheaper at amazon.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    $469.99 direct from HP

But not much capability for future upgrade (no AGP, slowish memory, only 2 free PCI slots)

You probably won't do much better for the price, but you can probably do a lot better for just a little more.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    ok before you blow your money away on this check out www.cyberpowerinc.com. There you can custom build your pc. I paid 595 for mine:
    2100 athalon-- not as big as 2.2 but perform like a 3.0 celeron(if they had it)
    512 ddr 266mhz ram
    nvidea 64 mb video
    cd-rw, dvd rom
    MSI KX333 motherboard with 2 AGP slots
    And not to mention a cool case with 5 neon lighted fans, a window and a neon light that respons to sound

This is definatly the best webstie to buy a computer if your not going to build it yourself.

btw-- for this system you might have to pay 100 more because I ordered it without windows and saved quite a bit of money

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I would not buy that.
    It ain't bad for a "first PC", but the CELERON blows cheese. And there is no way to really upgrade. No AGP slot for a GeForce Card.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by endezeichen@15 July 2003 - 04:00
    MSI KX333 motherboard with 2 AGP slots
    R u sure about this, I've never seen a board with 2 agp slots, are u sure its not AGP 2x which is just one of the older AGP versions. There would be no point in having 2 agp slots as none of the rest of the system could handle 2 AGP graphics cards.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    u can get something cheap like that then just buy a new Motherboard for around 80 dollars there some cheap ones with a AGP 4 or 8X slop 2 or 3 PCI slots and can handle up to 2 Gigs Ram

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Pitbul@15 July 2003 - 08:37
    u can get something cheap like that then just buy a new Motherboard for around 80 dollars there some cheap ones with a AGP 4 or 8X slop 2 or 3 PCI slots and can handle up to 2 Gigs Ram
    But it is almost certainly a non-standard backplane connector layout, so swapping m/boards becomes a pain.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    lynx's Avatar .
    Edit: double post, damn buggy board

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Also if u did that u would have to buy a graphics card for another 100 dollars. so it would probably end up cheaper spending the money up front

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast