Thread: Bin-cue Movie Files

howzit going.
    i have bin & cue movie files.
    1. first of all how do i burn to cdr using nero5.5, im not to sure what the cues r 4.
    if i do burn to cdr can i watch it through wmp9, quicktime6.0.2 or bs player?
    2. secondly, how do i view them without burning them, i have isobuster but i need verification on what 2do
    3. finally, im dl a svcd file, how do i view these files?
    im new to all this(as u can see)and im tryin 2learn as much as i can in a short period of time.
    thanx 4 ur time.
    sweetaa!
    [QUOTE]Everything in the world is changing....fast! we ourselves often change so fast that we dont realize what we are changing into.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    1. Using Nero, Click File, Burn Image, browse to the cue files and it pretty much does it for you. The cues tell a burning application like Nero what/how to burn. And, yes, you should be able to watch it with any of those viewers.

2. I haven't used isobuster. VCDgear converts the bin/cues to mpegs that can be viewed easily.

3. I've heard of people having trouble with svcds but I treat them the same as vcds (for viewing at least) and have no problems. I haven't tried to burn one yet.

First we learn, then we teach.

Also, without meaning it impolitely :rtfaq:

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    exactly! first we learn then we teach, it is the circle of life.
    4.svcd and vcd can they b playd on the players mentioned above?

5.to view bin files with vcdgear do i activate the cue files just the same as burnin 2cd?

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    an alternate method is to just mount the image(bin) with daemon tools and do a 1:1 copy in Nero- I use this method it works fine

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    6. so i dont need cue files for daemon tools. just put the bin file in daemon, use nero to browse 4 that file and then burn. will nero know how 2burn the file without the cues? i wil dl daemon and vcdgear and experiment alittle.(oh no what am i thinking.lol)

7. still dont know how to view svcd and vcd, i havent got a file in these formats but i am dl one so i really cant figure it out 4myself as of yet. can i use wmp?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Poster
    There is a lot of help regarding different formats and converting DVD,SVCD,VCD etc. on www.dvdrhelp.com

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    If you want to watch SVCD movies you have to either have a DVDROM or you have to download a DVD player / codec. SVCDs are MPEG2 whereas VCDs are only MPEG1.

You can watch VCDs with Windows Media Player. Choose File > Open > Browse

Choose your CD ROM Drive.

Find and open the folder "MPEGAV".

Type "AVSEQ01.DAT" into the "Open File" text box [or]

Look at the bottom of the Open Dialog box and choose "All Files *.*" and then double click "AVSEQ01.DAT" which is the movie file.

SVCDs are in the "MPEG2" folder on the CD, I think.

I hope this helps you out!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    6. so i dont need cue files for daemon tools. just put the bin file in daemon, use nero to browse 4 that file and then burn. will nero know how 2burn the file without the cues? i wil dl daemon and vcdgear and experiment alittle.(oh no what am i thinking.lol)

sorry I should have given more detail
    I mentioned the bin because it's the "main" file. The cue is also needed, you can think of the cue file as a "coordinator" that tells the burner how to burn the bin or something. To mount an image in daemon tools, right click the icon>virtual cd/dvd rom>Device**>mount image. Just select the bin and you're done. I assume it finds the cue but in any case once the image is mounted, it is as if a real dvd or cd was in a real rom drive. When you go to nero, nero "sees" the drive and assumes you are going to copy from it. You are.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    much appreciated, its hard to find good help but i think iv found it here.
    c yous around

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Hi if you have a cue and bin file then the easiest way for you to burn to cd is to use "FIREBURNER" which i am sure you can dl off kazaa. The other software which you would use is cdrwin but fireburner is very easy to use as when installed your cue file will change into a fireburner icon, click on it and it load's the bin file into fireburner and then click burn. There are other way's around this as well but i think this is the easiest for you.

Good luck.