Thread: Apple patches QuickTime flaw

Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    "Apple has patched a flaw in QuickTime that could allow for remote attacks. The fix addresses a vulnerability in the Windows Vista and XP versions of QuickTime, which is commonly installed as a browser plug-in or as a component of iTunes. OS X users are not affected. Apple said that the problem concerns QuickTime Media Links (QTLs) which are often used to launch media files from browsers."

Source: Neowin.Net
    View: vnunet
    Last edited by Hairbautt; 10-05-2007 at 01:41 AM.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hey Harry was wondering if K Lite Alternative's player has the same flaw ? I hate both Quicktakeover and Realshityplayer for reasons of spyware but have to use them to see a lot of movies on the net . Thats why I use the Alternative one but with Win player Classic your really scraping the bottom .

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    I dunno 'bout Quicktime Alternative...and I thought it wasn't included in KLiteMegaCodec Pack anymore

I'm with you on both, btw. Quickie and Real suck, but I have to use Quicktime because of iTunes.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..