Thread: Can't Start Oblivion on a Fresh Install!, TESIV and SI installed only

Hi, I can't start up oblivion. An error occurs every time, and I am positive it isn't due to any mods - I haven't installed any yet! I don't want to speculate, because I know the bare minimum when it comes to troubleshooting. I did follow the troubleshooting guide in the Oblivion Manual, and installed the DXSETUP.exe in the Oblivion DVD - to no avail.

Hopefully you guys can help me out. For some reason I think this problem may be common.
    Last edited by Brenya; 10-06-2007 at 02:05 AM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Hi Brenya,

If its a fresh install have you updated your graphics drivers accordingly?
    Have you patched Oblivion with the latest patch? Also, is Oblivion a pirated version? If so you will need to grab the no-cd crack.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Ugh, I just found out that my integrated video card isn't supported by Oblivion. Oblivion isn't even worth playing with a 128mb on board anyway lol. At least I'm getting a new PC soon!

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Ugh, I just found out that my integrated video card isn't supported by Oblivion. Oblivion isn't even worth playing with a 128mb on board anyway lol. At least I'm getting a new PC soon!
    Ehtu Brenya , ya I'm looking to upgrade as well after D/L EA's NHL 08 . I could n't believe what the minimum specs were .