Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how many members does a tracker need?

Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Never open signups and only let good people get invites, then look after those. This off course depends on if you really want a good tracker or you want one that depends on people you do not know donating.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    OFF-topic but On-topic:
    While you were thinking how many members does a tracker need, a member here was thinking how many tracker a member needs lol just ignore me

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by game1283 View Post
    OFF-topic but On-topic:
    While you were thinking how many members does a tracker need, a member here was thinking how many tracker a member needs lol just ignore me
    pure slam poetry

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    look at TL and demonoid .. .. more members , stuff gets seeded for longer time ..

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    look at TL and demonoid .. .. more members , stuff gets seeded for longer time ..
    yes that's somehow true..

but I'm thinking about security.. and perhaps if you will close signups and give invites only to some trusted persons.. the users will respect your site.. perhaps you don't want some leechers to just signup on your site and leech away

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sanjana's Avatar Cherish your life... BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    FTN best in the business does not open for registration and it is only for VIP not for us.
    I am proud to be a part of this communities.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by sanjana View Post
    FTN best in the business does not open for registration and it is only for VIP not for us.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    It heavily depends on the targeted users, because the average size of a torrent is as important as the number of new torrents per day. For some standard 0day-scene tracker I'd guess 10k to have everything running smoothly. But it doesn't end here. There are trackers with a large user database but very little peers and then there are trackers with a large number of peers from even less members.

The quality of users cannot be easily measured and some trackers simply have better users than others.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Nestea's Avatar VIP BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    15 000 Max!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    As a few people have said, it all depends on content.

With 200 users who are going to all jump on a torrent, right there you are beating some of the massive sites on their worst torrents.
    If they have already all grabbed the files elsewhere though, nobody is going to go to the smallest tracker for it.

Find something unique that appeals to the majority of users and anything over 20-30 users can work well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast