Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Refugee Problem

Poster
    full of opinions all of a sudden.

Neil

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    I believe that we should kick out all immigrants who have not lived here for at least 10 years. regardless of if they have had kids here.

I live in the London borough of brent which recently published statistics saying that white's are now in the minority in my area. Can anyone please explain to me why we are taking so many and why they are placing 100,000's in one of the most expensive places to live in the u.k

many years ago during the ressesion my family where made homeless. we had to go to are local council to be re-housed. my parents 4 sisters and brother( 8 people) where all told we did not have enough points to be eligable for a house. but of course all the asylum seekers where placed ahead of us so what would you expect. we were told we dont care when we said "we have no where to go".

Living with hundreads of these scum has kinda twistd my view towards them. they claim every benefit and privelage under the sun while we are forced to work to pay for them And do not tell me that aint true i have seen with my own eyes.

Please dont give me that bullshit about we need economic immigrants we have enough unemployed to fill these positions they just need to be forced to work.
    cant remeber which foreign politicain said it best but " 3 million less immigrants 3 milions more jobs" get the picture.

And scan these people for fuck sake "we dont want to do hiv tests they might not like it" they are meant to be scared for their lives dipshits a simple blood test should be the least of their problems. Are local hospital has been reporting hundreads of deseases that where up until recently unheard of in the u.k can you guess where they come from

I do admit i have seen geniune cases( they do exsist people) but they should remain in safe countries in there area. why are we taking afghans for christ sake. to escape the taliban why not go to india or another local country.

these people travel across the globe for money people we dont want these spongers we have enough already. kick them out or force them to stay in their local regions.

sorry for the long rant. these people piss me off no end so i might have done a tad bit overboard. If you are offended by anything i said im very sorry but tuff these are my opinions and i will stick to them.

If you do believe i am wrong then i would like a few reasons. im more then willing to dicuss this and i have a strong opinon on this topic.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Ron's Avatar Poster
    Although you put it a bit harshly , you have a point somehow.
    In Belgium, being HIV positive is a reason to be granted asylum.
    When a native is infected and has no money for the (expensive) medication, he/she is in bad luck. Health insurance does not pay for it.
    But it does for new immigrants........
    Can anyone explain that please?
    Why is the quality of their life worth more than ours?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Neil__@10 July 2003 - 19:13
    full of opinions all of a sudden.

Neil
    I am not an armchair critic, Neil. It is my work.

There are so many people who criticise everything without having any first hand experience. All they seem to do is reflect what they read in they media.

I also feel you should try and keep to the topic. It would help you know.

Nigel.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    nigel123,

You say you work with these refugees/immigrants/asylum seekers.

I have said they are all different, with different problems...and many are genuine that need help.

Why not tell us YOUR opinions, and answer some of the critics that point out that they have more rights and benefits in most EC countries than the people that are actually paying the Taxes to support them.

This is an emotive issue with many people; and i'd like to remind everyone on the Boards rules re: Racism.

Its very easy to be caught out on this type of topic.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Poster
    edit removed

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@10 July 2003 - 20:18
    nigel123,

You say you work with these refugees/immigrants/asylum seekers.

I have said they are all different, with different problems...and many are genuine that need help.

Why not tell us YOUR opinions, and answer some of the critics that point out that they have more rights and benefits in most EC countries than the people that are actually paying the Taxes to support them.

This is an emotive issue with many people; and i'd like to remind everyone on the Boards rules re: Racism.

Its very easy to be caught out on this type of topic.
    I will certainly attempt to.

As I said earlier, I live and work in the Netherlands. I do believe in the 1951 Geneva Convention and I agree it's not perfect. I am going to confine myself with the situation "here" in the Netherlands. The reason is that I do not know how things are organised or regulated in over countries.

When a refugee arrives in the Netherlands he/she has to report to one of a number centers, designated by the goverment for questioning purposes. This is the time when a request for asylum must be made. Most of the applications are rejected and the would be asylum seeker is sent packing within 48 (office) hours. In actual fact all applications are rejected. That is the way the process works. That does not mean that that all asylum seekers have to leave the Netherlands. This is called the " first hearing," Those that the Immigration service believe are genuine cases are then sent to other centers which then decide which area in the Netherlands they will be sent to. These centers are called AZC's. They will languish there for about three years while a decision is being reached by the justice system. During this period they are not allowed to find work or look for a house. Often they have to share with up to three families, kitchen, bathroom and living room.

I shall hurry on at this point. For the lucky ones who receive a status, then all the rights that every dutch person has, are accorded to them. Unfortunately it does not work that way. They, like every other dutch person who are looking for rented accomadation has to get himself on the housing list. When the asylum seeker gets a house offered to him/her, then and only then is he/she entitled to all the rights.

Ok The asylum seeker has found himself a house and now he is looking for work.
    Still he must wait, now he has to go to school and learn the dutch language. He has to take an exam and get a certificate that proves he has masterd the dutch language. Then he can look for work

There are two types of staying permits for asylum seekers in the Netherlands. A permanent one(the best) or a temporary one( not good at all) If you get a temporary one, you could be sent back to your country of origin at any time. Also if you have a temporary permit, any one wanting to employ you, is required by law, to get permission from the goverment. The employer has to prove that he cannot find any dutch citizens to do the job. Well as you can imagine, there are not many employers who are going to go through all that hustle.

I do symphathise with the family of 4play, and I can understand his frustration as he sees asylum seekers getting homes that he feels his family was entitled to. But it's first come first served and unfortunatly his family seems to have got themselves on the list a little later. (I do not know and that is pure speculation.)

For Neil: I do my work because I believe in it. Many of our clients have lost family and themselves sufferd torture at the hands of their agressors. Things have happened to them which I would not dream of writing down in this Forum.

Edit: a couple of spelling changes

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster
    what's this got to do with why you do your job and the war?

Neil.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Originally posted by Neil__@10 July 2003 - 22:18
    what's this got to do with why you do your job and the war?

Neil.
    I think he just feels sorry for them. Don't you?

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Poster
    edit removed as above

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast