Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with seedbox

Poster BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    has anyone used godaddy before? need help with torrentflux

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by leos View Post
    has anyone used godaddy before? need help with torrentflux

u can use godaddy as seedbox? isnt the bandwidth fairly limited?

well anyways what u need help with?
    Last edited by kooftspc11; 10-06-2007 at 05:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    ive got godaddy server 100gb storage and 1tb bandwidth for something like 7US a month. i have torrentflux-bt4 version and i have also tried the original version. whenever i load a torrent it does not connect and i cant start the download. i am starting to think that godaddy has possibly disabled torrentfulx becoz i am on a shared sever (not dedicated) it is probly using up too much of the servers CPU and memory. Any suggestions??

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Get a server and don't use a web hosting company to run torrentflux.

I don't mean to sound rude, but you're bascially asking for them to terminate your account and keep your money.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Ghost+Rider's Avatar Trading=Sux BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Quote Originally Posted by leos View Post
    ive got godaddy server 100gb storage and 1tb bandwidth for something like 7US a month. i have torrentflux-bt4 version and i have also tried the original version. whenever i load a torrent it does not connect and i cant start the download. i am starting to think that godaddy has possibly disabled torrentfulx becoz i am on a shared sever (not dedicated) it is probly using up too much of the servers CPU and memory. Any suggestions??
    Well that is not completely true u need to know about the client and peer id on Torrent flux..

Wen i started using flux the client was mainline and it was blocked by all the sites even TL then i switch to Bit tornado..Almost all the sites allowed it except a few where a particular version was banned then i change dthe peer id of the version according to that cuz tornado 0.8.17 is accepted on every site

In brief flux is shit use utorrent or rtorrent
    Live as totally and as passionately as possible,because it is through intense living that you will find the divine.The divine is nothing but the life lived at optimum,with total abandon,a dance danced so totally that the dancer disappears;only the dance remains.Then u have found and u have come home.

Pls don't make trackers your dream/ambition,There is much more to do in your life!

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    [/quote]

In brief flux is shit use utorrent or rtorrent [/quote]

So can u use uTorrent with seedbox? if so, how? please be mindful im a n00b to seedbox lol
    Last edited by leos; 10-06-2007 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    There are several inexpensive solutions for getting a seedbox with torrentflux already set up for you. torrentfluxhosting.com and seedboxhosting.com are examples. There is also a wiki with some information here: seedboxinfo.com

In my experience however, I would not use a shared host for torrentflux at all, its just asking for trouble. Good luck.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    thanks for the info

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    You're better off not torrenting with a godaddy webhosting account. I think they'll terminate you farily fast. Suck it up and go to Vectoral.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    minimum server requirement for a seedbox is a vps/vds upwards , dedicated server prefered

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast