Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: donate and you shall receive

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    we got rid of the pay for gigis system a few months ago, and it used to be £25 for VIP, but a £1 donation did get you 1 gig on your upload.

VIP is now £10 for a month and this is what they get

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-wtf...67/postcount12

but just to add to that post, we have unlimted seeding slots, but if your KL, User, PU you can only seed 5 torrents and get SP on 2 with the lowest ratios. If your VIP, SPU, UL, Staff you can seed 10, but still get SP on only 2 with the lowest ratios.

If you seed anymore than your alloted seeding amount, you dont get any SP at all, you have to upload the hard way.

Now, when we got rid of the money for gigs system, there was an outcry, but donations have actually went up since we made the change, now wether thats because VIP has come down to £10 from £25, or the bonus to the VIP changed from gigs, to SP bonus, or a mixture of the 2 im not to sure.

IMO if you have a strict hit and run policy like we do, then whats the point of offering Gigs for Money, as everyone still has to seed back to 0.8 anyway to not get a hit and run and preferably a 1 ratio.

The only real bonus would to get yourself closer to a rank up, PU is 1.5 and SPU is 2.05 on our tracker.

We still may offer the gigs for money on some occasions, xmass etc, but i dont think it will be coming back full time anymore.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    jrzy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    How else is a tracker going to entice it's member to help pay the bills...it's not as if they asked outright people would be lining up to donate. It's marketing , that's all...you can't knock them for coming up w/ creative ways to get you to "donate" towards the bills...that's all you're really doing. Some of you may say that extra goes into the pockets of the people behind the scenes....so what, they are the ones who spent countless (unpaid) hours working on these sites to make them great so we can all come onto FST and brag and drive ourselves crazy trying to get invites to these sites.... and to say that you "donate" by seeding and keeping a high ratio is great..that makes you a great member of that community but to have a negative opinion on how the site that "you love" pays the bills is like biting the hand that feeds you. That's just my 2 cents....

My comments are not directed towards anyone specific and are not meant to offend anyone...just my opinion

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    ^ Very well put

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456