Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: donate and you shall receive

Living on the edge BT Rep: +4
    ya whats wrong with it not everybody donate, so to encourage they have to do this after all they have to improve server, pay sever charges etc and i dont find it wrong until they do not force every one to donate.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I dont think you get it.

Sites do this because with out donations the site and or sites will start to fold. The said thing in all this is if you dont offer much besides that Donor star then you dont get many people that donate. Users are all what can you do for me if i donate. I guess the fact that we take all the risk is and give them a place to meet and access many things they want is not enough.

So get off your high horse... NO MONEY MEANS NO SITES

Wild

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    it would be nice if they gave out invites for people who are not members but who have donated money to FTN

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbytes View Post

So get off your high horse... NO MONEY MEANS NO SITES
    did i say anywhere that i'm against it?

i'm not saying that it's wrong to have p2l.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-08-2007 at 02:09 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    There wouldn't be very many donations if there weren't any benefits. And I'd believe, first, that since what's given is upload credit or a gold star or an invite, it isn't physically worth any money, so you really AREN'T getting anything.

It's not that big of a deal, is it?

In any case, you want to talk about real donations? Your donations are very often just excess money made from buying something.. girl scout cookies piss you off too? How about if they sold candy bars for breast cancer? Or tshirts and ipods that benefited AIDS? "Get a free carwash from our baseball team, but we're accepting any donations you want to give us"... This happens in the real world too, and you don't hear tons of people complaining about that.

In any case it would be kind of sad if all these sites still survived if they offered nothing in return. There are much better causes then keeping 38742958480293+ torrent sites alive....

If it doesn't make you feel good inside to donate to sites that give you something in return, then don't donate. And maybe you should start a torrent site and follow your values and see what happens to it...?
    Last edited by Grind$oFine; 10-08-2007 at 02:42 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    what is really getting on my nerves it not the fact, that some sites offer value in return for money.
    nobody can be blamed for making an offer. it's always the buyer's free will to accept the deal and the conditions or not.
    i'm pretty sure that almost every cent they make is for the benefit of the tracker and the community.

but i strongly disagree with the common abuse of the term "donation" when it comes to p2l

it is NOT a donation if you offer something in return. no matter what. there is no donationware or "donate and you will get..."

it is a sale!

calling it a donation is an insult to all users who donate on sites where they get nothing but the good feeling of having contributed.

let me repeat this again. i'm not saying that it's wrong to have p2l.

but please don't be hypocritical and give it a name:
    it is selling value for the common good of the users and the community. call it charity sale if you like.

but it's most definitely not a donation
    Well you have every rite to ask for your accounts to be deleted and stop making threads about things you hate........BTW on SCT i never saw anything about items for sale other than T-shirts..I may not agree w/ donate for invites but whatever floats there boats... I just choose not to.........

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post
    There wouldn't be very many donations if there weren't any benefits.....you really AREN'T getting anything.
    antagonism of the day

Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Well you have every rite to ask for your accounts to be deleted and stop making threads about things you hate
    in other words: if you don't like it, shut up and get the fuck out
    btw. what account???
    Last edited by Polarbear; 10-08-2007 at 03:13 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Honestly, how did you think this thread was going to turn out?

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by seppypom View Post
    Honestly, how did you think this thread was going to turn out?
    you're right. i'm outta here. sorry for bringing this up.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    antagonism of the day

Quote Originally Posted by phrenzy View Post
    Well you have every rite to ask for your accounts to be deleted and stop making threads about things you hate
    in other words: if you don't like it, shut up and get the fuck out
    btw. what account???
    You should follow your own advice........

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast