Thread: Cursed With Slowness

Bebi's Avatar Super Duper Member
    I am stuck with a really annoying 500mhz processor and 700mb films are well out of my enjoyment range since they stutter and all kinds of crap, if I re-encode it takes ages... BESIDES getting a better processor can anyone give me any tips on anything to help with this? I have 512ram

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    go on to desktop, right click properties, settings, change color quality to medium (16 bit) will make the color less but the film should run smoothly

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    ha bibi were did you get the picture of boo

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by loz@9 July 2003 - 20:57
    go on to desktop, right click properties, settings, change color quality to medium (16 bit) will make the color less but the film should un smoothly
    thanks mate this really speed things up havent tested it on a movie yet though but obvious improvement on other things

pup: got it off google

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    i run a 350mhz and i dont have problems with my color settings on the highest. I play 700mb avi dvd rips with no problems at all. Try to make sure no other programs are running. Especially kazaa.. it eats up your system resources.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    if ur using xp turn off all the crap, also dont use media player, use winap, bsplayer or videolan, uses less resources

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I use bs player, and before I had my colour to highest setting when I put it down to 16, wow&#33; running like a 900mhz (thanks again mate) icons has degraded in quality but thats hardly something to cry over I tried it with a copy of the hulk it was all pixilated but I discovered it was a damage file of the hulk so I still have to test this, also whats your resolution?

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Livy@10 July 2003 - 01:37
    if ur using xp turn off all the crap, also dont use media player, use winap, bsplayer or videolan, uses less resources
    ive ran 700mb movies on my pc with everything thats not vital and it still stutters before I done this thing but I dont know if this has solved this or not since I dont have any 700mb files right now but on other things like the speed of programs are like 30% improved

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bebi+9 July 2003 - 23:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bebi &#064; 9 July 2003 - 23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-Livy@10 July 2003 - 01:37
    ive ran 700mb movies on my pc with everything thats not vital and it still stutters before I done this thing but I dont know if this has solved this or not since I dont have any 700mb files right now but on other things like the speed of programs are like 30% improved[/b][/quote]
    Have you also updated and run AD Aware and SpyBot?
    Lastly, did you do a line-by-line check of MSCONFIG&#39;s startup menu?
    And even running a Disk Cleanup can help -- c:&#092;windows&#092;temp often gets filled with 10+ MBs of junk files after just a month.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Bebi, how much ram do you have?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.