Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Message In A Bottle, 19 Years Later

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Message in a bottle, 19 years later

Pinellas County, Florida - The story would be unbelievable if it wasn’t true, but the circumstances surrounding it are nothing short of miraculous.

Nineteen years ago, a seven year old boy visiting Clearwater threw a bottle in the water with a message inside. It read “To whoever finds this please write me a letter and let me know.”

Just a few days ago that bottle was found in a canal behind Don Smith’s home in St. Petersburg. So Don, with the help of the St. Petersburg Times, tracked down the boy’s mother, who just happened to be visiting the Bay Area this week.

The two met and Don handed over the message. Both believe the bottle is a special message and gift from her son who sent it because he passed away six years ago.

PLAY MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE VIDEO

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Yeah, I read that in the paper tonight. If that doesn't put your beliefs to the test, I can't imagine what would. I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination, but the hairs on my neck stood up at that story.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Poster
    Weird coincidence.
    and a godsend to the parents.

Neil.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    This story was is from a L.A. newspaper article from the 1950's.

A teenager whos parent would constantly argue and wave a shotgun (that was unloaded) around while they were argueing. The stress was to much for the son and one day he decided to load the shotgun hoping that it would go off and his parents would stop the fighting one way or another.

So, one day the son decided he could not take it anymore and went to the top of the building with the intention of taking a swan dive. A note later found in his pocket confirmed his intentions.

He jumped from the building and fell past the window of his parent window when they were arguing. Just @ that moment the wife whos turn it was to wave the shotgun accidentally pulled the trigger and nearly killed her spouse. However the shot missed him and went out through the window killing her son during the suicide attempt. The sons body ended up falling onto a safty net (which would have saved his life if it were not for the gun shot) that was put up the day before for window washers.

The mother was charged and the son was listed as an accomplice in his own death.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    How ironic.

Neil

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Originally posted by THE DUDE@11 July 2003 - 13:52
    This story was is from a L.A. newspaper article from the 1950's.

A teenager whos parent would constantly argue and wave a shotgun (that was unloaded) around while they were argueing. The stress was to much for the son and one day he decided to load the shotgun hoping that it would go off and his parents would stop the fighting one way or another.

So, one day the son decided he could not take it anymore and went to the top of the building with the intention of taking a swan dive. A note later found in his pocket confirmed his intentions.

He jumped from the building and fell past the window of his parent window when they were arguing. Just @ that moment the wife whos turn it was to wave the shotgun accidentally pulled the trigger and nearly killed her spouse. However the shot missed him and went out through the window killing her son during the suicide attempt. The sons body ended up falling onto a safty net (which would have saved his life if it were not for the gun shot) that was put up the day before for window washers.

The mother was charged and the son was listed as an accomplice in his own death.
    This is fiction as far as I knew, it was the start of the Movie Magnolia with Tom Cruise and so forth.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by newcster68@11 July 2003 - 10:48
    Message in a bottle, 19 years later

Pinellas County, Florida - The story would be unbelievable if it wasn’t true, but the circumstances surrounding it are nothing short of miraculous.

Nineteen years ago, a seven year old boy visiting Clearwater threw a bottle in the water with a message inside. It read “To whoever finds this please write me a letter and let me know.”

Just a few days ago that bottle was found in a canal behind Don Smith’s home in St. Petersburg. So Don, with the help of the St. Petersburg Times, tracked down the boy’s mother, who just happened to be visiting the Bay Area this week.

The two met and Don handed over the message. Both believe the bottle is a special message and gift from her son who sent it because he passed away six years ago.

PLAY MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE VIDEO
    Err what is so unbelievable about that?
    It's not like the boy's mother and the dude who found the bottle actually knew each other (from a divorce perhaps), and with the help of the bottle, they got back together...

now that would be miraculous.

@THE DUDE Post
    What a horrible way to die...but sure is unbelievable. Nice shot dad. For having a son who wanted to f*k u both with a loaded shotgun all along.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    That's cool as fuck

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    RedRival, who is your avator of, i've seen her before but forgot the name.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by ezyryder@11 July 2003 - 15:34
    RedRival, who is your avator of, i've seen her before but forgot the name.
    BoA. Korean pop singer. She's only 17!! *mUacKz*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast