Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: how come people with 4 post access invite section?

  1. #1
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    ive seen this now on more than one occasion and have also been pm'd by people wanting to trade etc... with less than 10 posts

    what the hell is going on?

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I think the rule is you need to be a member for 1 month to get access to the bittorrent section

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by jr56 View Post
    I think the rule is you need to be a member for 1 month to get access to the bittorrent section
    that is gayer than richard simmons. shouldnt there be a minimum post count?

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    5,286
    It's only 30 days, and 1 post, to be granted access, and I think that post is only so the system recognises you as being here and grants the access automatically.

    There is no posts limit.

    I just reply with "read my sig"
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    It's only 30 days, and 1 post, to be granted access, and I think that post is only so the system recognises you as being here and grants the access automatically.

    There is no posts limit.

    I just reply with "read my sig"
    i like ur sig too

    im happy with my trackers

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    33
    Posts
    167
    adding a post count requirement just encourages spam.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by kooftspc11 View Post
    that is gayer than richard simmons. shouldnt there be a minimum post count?
    All that would do is encourage spam.

    EDIT: misledhope beat me to it.

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    CO
    Age
    40
    Posts
    29,631
    Quote Originally Posted by misledhope View Post
    adding a post count requirement just encourages spam.
    Yep, that's why the post count was removed.

    It was lowered from 10 to 5 as the spam around the forum and the amount of bumps of four year threads was ridiculous. Just wasn't worth it.



    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    The FST Last.fm group

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kooftspc11's Avatar WWW.STFU.LOL BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by misledhope View Post
    adding a post count requirement just encourages spam.
    Yep, that's why the post count was removed.

    It was lowered from 10 to 5 as the spam around the forum and the amount of bumps of four year threads was ridiculous. Just wasn't worth it.
    yes i believe there WAS a post count minimum back when i joined the site last year. i didnt know that they had ever removed it

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Artemis's Avatar ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    6,331
    Actually funnily enough that was exactly what happened on Revolt during the open signup, there is a post requirement on the forum and as kallieb said there was a barrage of single word posts and 2 year old threads resurrected from the dead, all this ensured though was a very quick exit from the community, for the spammers in question.

    4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •