Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for an ScT invite!!

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I must disagree. Seeding is easy at sct IF you do it right. And I dont mean by just dling the newest thing that comes out, that won't work, everyone will be done long before you finish even dling it. But, just download PART (maybe 100MB) of a new release and let it seed while everyone finishes. Most times you will easily get 2-3+ ratio on a partial seed like that. Repeat this, and soon enough, you can dl whatever you want without worring about ratio (still must seed, no hit and run now!).

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #12
    fulu's Avatar Capo Dei Capi BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    right.it's not easy to keep a good ratio on sct if you don't have good speed

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Saroman View Post
    Dont get me wrong here...

But i pretty much doubt if those are ur ratios..

Ur in BSNL 256 Kbps Connection i.e ur DL/UL speed is 32/32Kbps whole day and 200/64Kbps for 6hrs at night..and u have uploaded

48 GB in Oink in 4 months..
    26 GB at BCG
    31 GB at BitHDTV
    25 GB at Revtt
    35 GB at TL
    10 GB at TTi

Sounds too optimistic at ur upload speed..

Besides ScT without Seedbox is extremely tough... You wont be able to manage ur ratios..
    you don't need a seedbox. You just have wait until they have no d/l and 2X u/l and then seed away. i've got over 400GB uploaded with only 175GB downloaded by just being carefull with when and what I download. Other than this method, you can just sit on seeding for a week and you'll probably get back to 1:1 if it's a popular torrent. Anyways, my point being you don't need a seedbox there...but it would sure help!

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #14
    Saroman's Avatar ReInVeNtInG MySeLf BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well one might prefer the tough way.. by seeding it day and night and even that doesnt guarantee you upload.. For e.g if u are seeding with 20Kbps..and some peers have seedbox. The major traffic will leech from the peers with better speed.

Anyways.. Leeching something you dont need but its popular and Seeding again just for the sake of ratio would be idiotic.

@raj3186 :- whats ur name..?
    Last edited by Saroman; 10-10-2007 at 10:43 PM.
    -= Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught, will we realise we cannot eat money. =-

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #15
    your internet speed makes me cry. why dont you just kill yourself or move to sweden?

yes, those are the only 2 options you have.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #16
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Lemme tell u 1 thin kakuromon , First thing is that i will not "Kill myself" for an ScT invite and i have never mentioned that "I will do anything for an ScT invite " and the second thing is that I know that sweden has very cheap internet service but we in India have to pay a lot even for the current bandwidth and also 10/100mbps lines are'nt available in India yet!!! and i also follow one thing "Seed or Bleed" so u need not worry abt seeding!!!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I must disagree. Seeding is easy at sct IF you do it right. And I dont mean by just dling the newest thing that comes out, that won't work, everyone will be done long before you finish even dling it. But, just download PART (maybe 100MB) of a new release and let it seed while everyone finishes. Most times you will easily get 2-3+ ratio on a partial seed like that. Repeat this, and soon enough, you can dl whatever you want without worring about ratio (still must seed, no hit and run now!).
    I agree with u tokeman!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fulu View Post
    right.it's not easy to keep a good ratio on sct if you don't have good speed
    I agree to wat tokeman said, are u sure that seeding is difficult at ScT !!
    Last edited by raj3186; 10-11-2007 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #17
    Proud to be Indian BT Rep: +2
    yes its is wright In india highspeed net is verycost.we cant pay that much money.but we can seed torrents for 24hrs with available band width!!!!!.FOR SCT SEEDING IS DIFFC BUT IT WILL TAKE MORE TIME TO BUILD UP RATIO.

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I have been on sct with my slow connection and i can tell you its hard to keep a good ratio on it. You will have to spend alot of time downloading part files to seed and keep seeding for alot longer. Its alot like bitmetv which is another tracker hard to seed. In the case of bitmetv the best way is to download a small part of very large internal packs when they ist come out whilst for sct wait for when they have x2 up load (probably only happens once a year for tho). thats they only time when your going to have a chance of getting a good buffer.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #19
    Retired...... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Not offending u m8, as i told u i can seed for hours/days to keep up my ratio!!!
    and i will do it for sure if i am lucky enough to get an invite
    Thank you

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #20
    game1283's Avatar "ǝuo ǝɥʇ" BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    As for being able to maintain your stat in sct.. even though if someone has slow conn..
    I think he can manage.. he just need to do the right thing..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast