Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need some help with seeding..

also check to see if you have any software firewalls that are not properly configured. (windows firewall has a tendency to re-enable itself at random intervals sometimes).

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Ok I found a guide on how to forward the ports on your modem.

http://www.portforward.com/english/r...2b/Azureus.htm

I know its off by one letter b instead of g but it most likely the same modem so follow that guide.

Also do you have any kind of all in one securtiy software like norton or mcaffee? since those also could be stoping you from connecting to others.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Fiamma's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ChЯis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by .Truth View Post
    From what I know, a modem itself has no built in firewall/routing capabilities, and thus, does not need port forwarding. It is only when you add a router to the mix that you need to forward ports (on the router.) You also would need to forward the ports if you have a modem that has a built in router.

Is UpnP enabled on your client?

UpnP?

Dkre8ive1 it`s a Arris touchstone telephony modem

Something is seriously wrong here lol.
    I guess no one looked at his speedtest. Comcast is his ISP. Good luck connecting on any upload.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    got milk BT Rep: +2
    you should try the site www.portforward.com, it has lots of info on each modem and program and how to portforward each of them.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    I have Windows firewall on all the time, and I have Avast! antivirus running

Also, what does my ISP have to do with all this? again, sorry for delayed response.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiamma View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChЯis View Post

UpnP?

Dkre8ive1 it`s a Arris touchstone telephony modem

Something is seriously wrong here lol.
    I guess no one looked at his speedtest. Comcast is his ISP. Good luck connecting on any upload.
    I have a friend who uploads all the time with comcast on torrents at over 150k. Not sure how but he really does.

@ Chris' question about comcast...
    They block their network so it recognizes torrent connections and normally gives you very crappy speeds on outgoing connections if any.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12