63 34.05%
  • No

98 52.97%
  • I don't care

24 12.97%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Down with WIAW

kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    In the past, WIAW thread really influences newbies especially those that are just starting getting some trackers, I am one of them..... and now that another ranking system is existing this will help newbies to fully understand what really the trackers worth....So no need to get rid of the WIAW thread.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    it is common for people for omit vital information about things in order to advocate or condemn.

WIAW thread does not just list the rarity. It also provides one complete list of the popular trackers with descriptions, and provides us with respected 'opinions' of those who compiled it.

And just because some people "quote it like scripture" doesn't mean every one should suffer. I think an unspoken social rule has been created that WIAW thread is NOT scripture; but semi-accurate, opinionated ratings.

If what I say is true, then condemning the WIAW thread because some people are too small-minded to disregard it as the de facto standard of all trading is fallacious.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    I think we should just get rid of the WIAW thread all together. People quote it like its scripture.
    The information contained in the thread is accurate and useful.

Various members interpretation of the thread is no reason to "get rid of it".

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Dont need to get rid of it, just need another with even better tracker content information to accompany it so people can make a balanced decision. I dont think the wiaw has good detailed and uptodate content. personally find it hard to choose what tracker to go for and to be honest used to make decisions based purely on ranking instead.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    sense's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    Since I don't trade I don't really care. However, it's nice to be able to go in there and read a few reviews.
    Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by sense View Post
    Since I don't trade I don't really care. However, it's nice to be able to go in there and read a few reviews.

if you take down the WIAW , you take down a whole lotta tracker information with it .. the only problem with the WIAW is the "level" . but if you could just ignore it , its a perfect review thread

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    The WIAW thread is basically FST's Bible...
    Provided as a guide to help,
    and misinterpreted by so many people...

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Touareg's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    voted .. no

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    soooooooooooooooooo selfish

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Rommell
    Definitely will vote .... Noooooo
    Trader 4 Ever

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast