Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leasweb + A Torrent Site

Heart

Ok im getting CentOS Express Server 7 off of leaseweb to host my new torrent site temporarly. Me and my friend spread out the cost between us to get it. Will it be able to host the site ect as it doesnt say it has services included. Im using tbsource for the site but want to check here if it will work thanks.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    I Run It
    I'm glad you finally got your server, but it would be better if you advertised your site on ThePeerGroup.net whenever its online or TBDev.net instead of here. Alot of more members with better knowledge of TBSource.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    FSC [Fight Club] BT Rep: +2
    Dont forget to make a new post when you actually get the server. Then a new post when you choose a name, a new thread regarding the speed, another new thread when you install the software, another when your friend drops the soap and another and another and another.....
    Proud Member of:

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Don't give him ideas, you /just/know what will happen now
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    *Sigh* /me takes bets on how many months the site is up before he drops the project...i say 2

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    misledhope's Avatar What.cd Mod BT Rep: +3
    im guessing it doesnt come to be.. but want staff? lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    ok fine the thread was started because i dont know if the server can host it so any help here ??

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I'm back! :o BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    If you have a server, You can host it. Its that simple as to if the server can hold the site.

Now, If you mean will the host let you hold a torrent site on their servers, Thats anyones guess. I would get an offshore server company for it as european server companies (Not UK) seem alot more relaxed with rules than UK/USA hosts.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +3
    My guess is he doesnt even know how to setup a dedi server.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    actually i do know how to just asking and someone always has to start somewhere

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast