Originally posted by ezyryder+11 July 2003 - 14:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ezyryder @ 11 July 2003 - 14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-THE DUDE@11 July 2003 - 13:52
This story was is from a L.A. newspaper article from the 1950&#39;s.

A teenager whos parent would constantly argue and wave a shotgun (that was unloaded) around while they were argueing. The stress was to much for the son and one day he decided to load the shotgun hoping that it would go off and his parents would stop the fighting one way or another.

So, one day the son decided he could not take it anymore and went to the top of the building with the intention of taking a swan dive. A note later found in his pocket confirmed his intentions.

He jumped from the building and fell past the window of his parent window when they were arguing. Just @ that moment the wife whos turn it was to wave the shotgun accidentally pulled the trigger and nearly killed her spouse. However the shot missed him and went out through the window killing her son during the suicide attempt. The sons body ended up falling onto a safty net (which would have saved his life if it were not for the gun shot) that was put up the day before for window washers.

The mother was charged and the son was listed as an accomplice in his own death.
This is fiction as far as I knew, it was the start of the Movie Magnolia with Tom Cruise and so forth. [/b][/quote]
All those stories @ the beginning of magnolia are from real newspaper articles.
I read about the first one (Green-Berry-Hill) in an Arthur C. Clarke&#39;s World of Strange Powers (it&#39;s from a newspaper article from the 1800&#39;s) and the third one (the water bomber and the scuba diver) happened when I was a teenager I heard about it on the news.

I admit the story from the 50&#39;s is pretty far fetched but there must be away to find out if the newspaper article exists.

Besides it&#39;s a good story.