Thread: Asus Formula III compatible memory?

Hi guys!
    I bougth a pair of memories for the ASUS Formula III mobo but they don't seems to work in dual-channel. I bought Corsair TR3X6G1600C9
    (2x 2gb) and it seems compatible with dual-channel according to the mobo manual but if I inserted then in the dual-channel proper slot the POST simplely does not appear...

I don't know...i am thinking about buying another memory pack...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well, I haven't had a memory compatibility issue in AGES. so I would say you may have just gotten a bum stick of ram. Do you have any other ram you can try or even use one at a time to see if just one stick will post.

Just to rule out the obvious here. Which slots did you stick the ram in, red or black?

Chances are you've already done this but in case I've attached the memory compatibility list to this post. No I didn't bother to check if your memory is on that list so by all means...
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    When I put the memory on the black slots it does not boot. When it's in the red it boots ok... the strange part is that CPU-Z indicates the memory is in Dual Channel even with them in the red slots...

And yes the memories are in the compatibility lists... =/

Guess i'll try to buy another set of them... (OCZ maybe)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    If they work in the red slots then they work bud. It sounds like the black slots of your Mobo are messed up. Did you try and contact Asus??
    Last edited by Detale; 07-14-2010 at 06:46 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Have you updated the BIOS ? I had a similar problem on a Asus board (can't recall the model) very recently. The sticks worked on one slot and didn't on the other. Fucking weird, but seemed to be a known issue that some BIOS update would solve.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    good call C

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    noo!!! Haven't done that...yet. As soon as i do that i post here... thanks in advance

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    I actualized the BIOS and it fixed some stuff!

i was having also a temperature issue... the asus probe was showing >75 C when the processor was in full load (i5-750)
    And it was a failed mesurement of the mobo... the new BIOS corrected this...
    Haven't tried to change the memory slots yet... as soon as I do it i post here again...

Thanks for the tip...it already helped me

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It does not worked, tried to put in the black slots and the computer did not turn on...