Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew...

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Great thanks m8 and good to see you posting here again...

Some time you just gotta visit the Netherlands...

2. Lounge   -   #12
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    it was skunky and budding till i killed it (long story)was sunny not much rain this summer till now
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    cool cool punky punk sweet, I had a 10ft weed bush but I smoked it
    Now go away.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    a friend told me to put in the dark and it would bud more well i did and it killed it live and learn
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

5. Lounge   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've made beer and wine in my time, but now I've seen how they make whisky.

Looks like it could be much more fun.

Fuck this idea of leaving it in a barrel for a few years though.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Its not worth doing it at home anymore , the smell , mess , trying to keep the wort at a constant temp . Everything depends on keeping your tools clean and sterile like your bottles , thermometer , caps etc.

I really miss it tho and have gone to shops where you pay $95 .00 cnd for say 132 bottles or cans of your poison of choice . I suggest taking a buddie with you and split two types like a Brit or Canadian ale and an Mexican style .

7. Lounge   -   #17
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    My ex hubby used to make his own beer. He would buy Grolsch beer, drink it and use the bottles. They have flip tops so you can reuse them over and over.

I didn't care for most of his beer, except when he added flavour like raspberry ect. He would go to alot of forums and read about brewing and get ideas from others.

You have to be careful when brewing, he would forget to watch it and it would overflow the pot and make a stinky, sticky mess on the stove, that took forever to clean up.

The smell is terrible, it think it's the hops, but gag. I had to leave the house alot when he brewed so I didn't get sick

Good luck and have fun

8. Lounge   -   #18
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Yep the ceramic tops are nice and the bottles are twice what we're use to . But it does come back to keeping it clean and it's tuff tho . I used to have my lil ones helping me , like a production line .

Oldest filling ,the next capping and the lil guy and me cleaning the fricken bottles , him in a diaper and me thinking thats not very sterile .

9. Lounge   -   #19
    fermentation my dear, mix it with piss and it will explode, it will taste revolting either way, purchase it, no point making it young one.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.mystery View Post
    fermentation my dear, mix it with piss and it will explode, it will taste revolting either way, purchase it, no point making it young one.

It's been a while...since I've been called a young one, lad.

-bd

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast