Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Should BT sites block entire Regions?

GhostRetired19's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +5
    Unfair

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    thelevy23's Avatar ISC RULEZ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Quote Originally Posted by Submission View Post
    Countries like Israel need to be banned. Their internet just sucks, the upload is something like 15kb/s, imagine the speed going to north america or even europe.

They're all cheaters anyhow and useless to the bt community.
    why does israel need to be banned?
    not all of us are cheaters and by the way the upload speed is 38 kb/s(still sucks i know) but we don't have a choice so because our suppliers give us bad upload speed we should pay the price?
    i for instance keep my utorrent on almost all day
    and you want to ban me?
    "I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying"-Michael Jordan-

fsc lover

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Elite BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Countries like Israel need to be banned. Their internet just sucks, the upload is something like 15kb/s, imagine the speed going to north america or even europe.

They're all cheaters anyhow and useless to the bt community.
    day will come you will find yourself in Israel - the land of God.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    Dr. Lecter's Avatar Zeppelin For Life BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I live in Israel & I have an 5/512 connection which means that my upload rate is around 64KB/s.
    U can look for the nick DrLecter in most known trackers & see my ratio there, I never used a seedbox & I have gr8 ratio so stfu !

Quote Originally Posted by Submission
    I am useless to the bt community.
    You are absolutely right.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 10-15-2007 at 10:34 PM.

AssuMption iS tHe mOthEr oF All fUcKuPs !

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    One thing that no one has mentioned is that if they do ban your country range most trackers will still allow you in. You just have to go to IRC state your case and if they believe you they'll unban your particular IP. It's a hassle if you have a dynamic ip addy because you'd have to go to IRC all the time but if you really want on the tracker I guess it would be worth it.

By banning entire ranges trackers are just protecting the site and its members. It's really for the best. If you find you're within one of those ranges that's too bad but most tracker staff are reasonable people and if you explain yourself in a polite and clear manner I'm sure they'll listen. RVT can correct me if i'm wrong but I'm sure BitMeTv does this for some of it's members that are in banned ranges.

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    rvt's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yep, bmtv has poked some holes in the ranges before.
    Most staffers would rather put in a little work on the ranges than lose a good member.

7. BitTorrent   -   #77
    Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by sear View Post
    One thing that no one has mentioned is that if they do ban your country range most trackers will still allow you in. You just have to go to IRC state your case and if they believe you they'll unban your particular IP. It's a hassle if you have a dynamic ip addy because you'd have to go to IRC all the time but if you really want on the tracker I guess it would be worth it.

By banning entire ranges trackers are just protecting the site and its members. It's really for the best. If you find you're within one of those ranges that's too bad but most tracker staff are reasonable people and if you explain yourself in a polite and clear manner I'm sure they'll listen. RVT can correct me if i'm wrong but I'm sure BitMeTv does this for some of it's members that are in banned ranges.
    good point!
    if you happen to be in one of those ranges you my may still get your account back by stating your case.
    also, what is it about Israel anyway

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678