Thread: Cd-rw Problem

thompy
    Note, I've posted this in Hardware as well but figured this would be more appropriate. Here goes.......

Okay - so I'm relatively new to this entire game and I've been downloading several programs to see how they work out. Recently, I have had a problem with a couple of my normal(ly used) applications with recognizing my CD-RW as a valid device for burning CDs - whereas I never had a problem before. Now I'm not sure of the timing but I have downloaded Nero and an upgrade to MusicMatch. Possibly, since then (??) I have had this problem with Roxio and Windows Media Player not recognizing the drive (only for burning purposes). Playing around, I noticed that I am able to burn CDs using MusicMatch. I have not tried using Nero - because I have since then uninstalled it.

Question: Is this indicative that MusicMatch is the problem?? If so, will deleting the app clear up any discrepency and allow me to use my "normal" programs?? Any insight would be appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    sounds like a driver conflict. U can try right clicking My Computer, goto properties.. goto Hardware Devices.. then find your CD Rom drive.. right click it.. choose uninstall.. Now click the Refresh List button (it will redetect your cd-rom drive) and install the correct drivers.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    You can also try reinstalling or upgrading the ACPI layer.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    goto the hardware's manufacture site and check for newer drivers as well