Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: WinMX

Quote Originally Posted by Snaidis View Post
    I want to start using winmx now :0
    Is it really good for music?

..yes it is, I share a lot of pre-releases there and there are many more file-sharers with extensive collections of high quality music..and more...

Also ..we will see, I am sure, that as we are approach the end of the BitTorrent Era, Opennap networks will prove a secure alternative for those looking for quality, virus free files and also a lively community comes with it. Come and join us

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    whiteyes's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I heard a Japanese P2P software "WinNY"
    It's like WinMX
    But now I use another new software "Share 1.0 EX2" to download Japanese stuff

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    winmx still works but if the WinNy works for you i guees its all good
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    hey guys,long ago I was using a program called xnap. Was much faster than winmx and not to wait long in queque...I loved it....

thank u

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i still love winmx though but to each is own
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Damn WinMX is stilla round? I use to love that P2P back in the Kazaa days for single mp3 downloads.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    its still goin grimms regular open nap with a patch and the private servers which im on
    2. Custody; care.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    oldfogy's Avatar n00b
    Ah WinMx, those were the days.
    Although I still access it from time-to-time, the search results are virtually impossible to get anything from them.
    (Apart not being able to find anything I want that is)

My main reluctance of not using it any longer is not having the facility to hide your DLs.
    Although this was the best place to get good quality DLs from because we usually knew the person we were accessing.
    It's a shame they never had the facility as with some other clients to only show your files to people on your friends/buddies list.

I think this was it's biggest downfall because certain people sharing anything from 6,000+ files started to get targeted by the powers that be, so most folk reduced their lists down to as low as 200 files only.

(aka D69)

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Yea i got a really huge mp3 collection for winmx back in the days. I do remember they had a scare though in the middle of 2005. Thats why i stopped using it. Maybe i'll reconsider.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    im on private servers like bit torrent where you have to no someone to join but im on probably everyday on my other comp the old one and do bit torrent on this one you can still find the link on this thread to set up open nap but i dont bother with open
    2. Custody; care.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234