Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: invite section

Gish's Avatar Seeda from Hell BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    I feel your pain I really do but you need to make sure that next time you do a give away the people 1. have a good rep or rep points 2. they are not noobs and can show ratios or other proof in a professional way and that they may then deserve what you have to give.

for example, if you are holding a giveaway would you rather get this response:
    dude I really need an invite man. or would you rather see:
    hey, I have heard about the community and would love join..hear are my ratios at other site.

like I said I feel your pain but as this site gets more jerks out their for the highest bitter it is hard to find the deserving people..but there out their
    Last edited by Gish; 10-15-2007 at 02:20 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    isabel.pirate's Avatar soon to be inspired BT Rep: +2
    I agree with you Polarbear - for the most part this seems like a large anonymous fairly cold community - everybody seems fake all sucking up to the right people trying to get an invite to FTN and on top of that invites and accounts get given to each other mess things up for the givers all to gain a few inches. I don't feel I can trust many people to even give away invites because I don't have a screaming fast line and my accounts are not disposable - I can't just build up a new one in a few days.

But it is not just this forum. Perhaps I am to old for this or don't have enough drive but I find really difficult to gain respect or to trust others.

But from another aspect I would rather someone not say thanks a be a good user that receive a thank you from a cheater or trade.

I will continue to try to give away and receive at my slow old pace. Hopefully thanks will come to you as well.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Sorry for your first bad experienced here but many people here are not like them... Even though they did not thank you for your giveaways it doesn't mean you stop giving....If you really want to help others..... just help with or without anything in returns...

BTW: Welcome to the Invite section...
    Last edited by kirktrix; 10-15-2007 at 02:38 AM.
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    i have access to the invite section a day now. i thought i would be nice to start with 2 giveaways.

none of the guys even posted a thank you in the thread or via pm.

that never ever happened to me in any of my other giveaways.

give me one reason why i should make high level giveaways here.
    Do the only sensible thing and only look for good posters, ones that help others without grace or favour expected in return, who are looking for a particular tracker and offer them the invite if you can, that way you know it will at least get used.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    you don't say thanks either grind$ofine !
    Whaaa?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    I rather they made good on there pledge to be a good member of the tracker i invite them to then hope they say thanks even though its a bit rude and not nice. Lesser of the two evils.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    sear's Avatar Feeling Clamy BT Rep: +3
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience mate, but this is a large forum and we get all sorts. The best bet is to do like SgtMajor said and just find people to help out. I find the best way is to just find people you like/respect and see if you can help them in anyway. Just contact them via pm no need to make a public display of your kindness. In that way you have a better shot of finding people you can trust and I promise all the folks I have given invites to in this way have said thank you. I figure it's a nice surprise to get a pm asking if there's anything they want

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12