Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: \Lossless

Why don't the tracker, index, search and free engines have subcategories for lossless music? Why? Only one free site would certainly concentrate most of the restricted contents exclusively shared among members of the well known groups, namely Oink, Pedro's, eTree and Demonoid.

There are a dozen of topics debating sharing of lossless music, so there are interesteds. So please tell me why the lossless contents disperse and lack or concentrate, if public or private.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    oink, has almost everything lossless. Flac is the lossless format that everyone is using, and there are lots of people who only use FLAC.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    icotitanik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    actually, there is a whole tracker specialized (e****) to lossless music

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Read the original thread starters question.

yo

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Most music trackers are just scene trackers. Oink is one of the few that is not. I can not speak for e**** or pedro's since I don't use them, but the rest are just scene. Most people don't really want flac files. It's too hard to get the upload back. Even people on OiNK download mp3 more often than flac.

<-

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    I don't really understand your problem, o770. While there are no search engines/site crawlers with lossless/FLAC categories that I know of, it's not that difficult to search for them. Some sites offer advanced searches (with TorrentSpy you can limit the size of a torrent ie) but generally, searching for "FLAC" alone brings more than 1.5k results. That solution is not ideal, but it works.

In regard to what Bo0ddha said: MP3 is the most popular medium and most shared medium for music on the web, that has been the case for close to a decade and it won't change anytime soon. Lossless audio is becoming increasingly popular and there are quite a few trackers to promote this music but it is still largely limited to a small group of people who have the equipment to fully enjoy the additional download. Anyone simply uploading the music to his or her iPod won't care for encodes above mp3 192k.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    anekoik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Read the original thread starters question.
    I will try to answer, i hope i understood the question ,

I guess a lot of people don't know anything about loseless,

try to question people around you, everybody ,nowadays, has heard about MP3,

but if you say flac, ape...

this fact concerns also the sharing comunity,

I must also say it 's frequent to see encoders, knowing nothing about audio quality (but they say they know),
    then...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    There was only one question:

Why don't the tracker, index, search and free engines have subcategories for lossless music?

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    YAY FOR TRADING/! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha
    I can not speak for e**** or pedro's since I don't use them
    E**** doesn't have scene lossless uploads as far as I can tell. I didn't even know the scene put out lossless music. God help us all if they did.

Maybe lossless music isn't a big enough interest for regular warez-hunting public tracker goers. I wouldn't download [lossless music] off of a public tracker because I couldn't trust the rip to be error-free.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by th0r View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo0ddha
    I can not speak for e**** or pedro's since I don't use them
    E**** doesn't have an scene lossless uploads as far as I can tell. I didn't even know the scene put out lossless music. God help us all if they did.

Maybe lossless music isn't a big enough interest for regular warez-hunting public tracker goers. I wouldn't download [lossless music] off of a public tracker because I couldn't trust the rip to be error free.
    thats why e****, oink, and pedros rock!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast