Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ***nintendo Nexus(n5)***new!

It happens.

2. Games   -   #22
    Originally posted by Xelotath@12 July 2003 - 18:34
    The Gc currently uses Mini-Dvd Disks that hold 1.8 Gigabytes of Data. on a side not they also are nearly impossible to hack and have much faster loading times than a regular Dvd. :pirate:
    1.5 dude, 1.5.

3. Games   -   #23
    If nintendo knows whats good for them they'll make the console play DVDs and whatever other new features they can cram into it, just so it has more commercial value, sells more, therefore gets more games developed for it, larger fan base, etc etc. Like all the people I know who bought a PS2 "just to play DVDs" but now a year later have a 15 game collection. If not, this console is gonna burn... and it doesnt deserve to...

4. Games   -   #24
    but they wont. Nintendo will probably leave out the extras, cos by the time that these consoles come out, dvd-players will be even more common. personally, i hope they dont include the extras. see, the thing is, many people in these forums talk about how they hate MS for the way they do business, make software, etc... however, sony is similar to MS in that it pumps money to publishers to get certain game rights, and that it relies on cheap-heavy marketing and extra gimmicks to sell stuff. nintendo is the only true games console maker left, and they are the only console maker that believes in substance, not the surrounding glitter (i.e - dvd-players, cd-players, backwards compatibility, etc...)

5. Games   -   #25
    1.5? i thought it was 1.8... oh well.

the above poster has it exactly correct. Nintendo won't add all that stuff.

Also, Nintendo will never be a sell out. They do things their way no matter what people think. They know they will make money and that is all that counts.

6. Games   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    You guys kill me . Because Nintendo left out a feature you say they aren't "selling out". WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!! I suppose they left out online play too because they won't sell out (and for all those that want jump up and tell me it does it's near non-existant (IT SUCKS!&#33. Sony and MS were smart; they used a medium that serves a dual purpose and was readily available. Play DVD's, play games on DVD. DUHHHH .
    Nintendo has done to consumers what Verizon has to their service technicians. You see Verizon's trucks that the technicians drive had air conditioning in the them. They already paid for it. Verizon then paid to have them taken out because it wasn't required for us to work (just heat). So now in summer we burn our asses up just because the company thinks we'll lollygag and not do our job. This is like Nintendo. They won't include DVD because they think they would be pirated out of business.
    And Stillmic wtf are you talking about (I don't even think Xelotath is with you on this one)? When was backward compatibiity a cheap gimmick. I guess a hard drive is too (so one of the most important parts of your PC is a cheap gimmick). I bet you think before the GC the N64 was the best system made because it used cartridges and had foggy ass graphics. Hey love Big N's games but.........cut the shit!

Please post again. This is so entertaining .

By the way... all those saying they hate the way MS does business.. wtf do they know? Since when did MS do "irrepairable harm" to them? For the most part they probably hurt other businesses (with competition), but what business do all these people own where it hurt them? And wtf does that have to with playing games (unless I have to pay $60 for games like Big N charged for some on the N64) .
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #27
    Originally posted by Busyman@13 July 2003 - 01:05
    You guys kill me . Because Nintendo left out a feature you say they aren't "selling out". WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!!! I suppose they left out online play too because they won't sell out (and for all those that want jump up and tell me it does it's near non-existant (IT SUCKS!&#33. Sony and MS were smart; they used a medium that serves a dual purpose and was readily available. Play DVD's, play games on DVD. DUHHHH .
    Nintendo has done to consumers what Verizon has to their service technicians. You see Verizon's trucks that the technicians drive had air conditioning in the them. They already paid for it. Verizon then paid to have them taken out because it wasn't required for us to work (just heat). So now in summer we burn our asses up just because the company thinks we'll lollygag and not do our job. This is like Nintendo. They won't include DVD because they think they would be pirated out of business.
    And Stillmic wtf are you talking about (I don't even think Xelotath is with you on this one)? When was backward compatibiity a cheap gimmick. I guess a hard drive is too (so one of the most important parts of your PC is a cheap gimmick). I bet you think before the GC the N64 was the best system made because it used cartridges and had foggy ass graphics. Hey love Big N's games but.........cut the shit!

Please post again. This is so entertaining .

By the way... all those saying they hate the way MS does business.. wtf do they know? Since when did MS do "irrepairable harm" to them? For the most part they probably hurt other businesses (with competition), but what business do all these people own where it hurt them? And wtf does that have to with playing games (unless I have to pay $60 for games like Big N charged for some on the N64) .
    I'd like to make a note that your points are not only annoying, but, well...pointless. Nintendo may of made a bad mistake by not appealing to the majority of the population which wanted a dvd player and a console, anyway, to the average mother browsing the store, they're going to look at an xbox...a gamecube, "Oh, the xbox has a dvd player"...lets get that! Very true, but since when is this a major disadvantage to nintendo? Not only are they selling enough, they finally beat the xbox in overall sales just a few months ago. The thing is, people who know the quality games nintendo has, don't need or want a dvd player out of it, they buy the gamecube for the games...which warrants the purchase enough.

The extra little bonus of having an included dvd player is not a reason to miss out on one of the greatest game developers of all time...nor is it an excuse to target the console.

Also, the N64 may of not been the best overall development in terms of specs, or potential graphics (and cartridges), but it is the home to some of the greatest games the company (and others) have produced. Cut the crap and get some real facts.

8. Games   -   #28
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    uhhh......Get YOUR facts straight. Globally PS2 has 67% market share, Xbox has 18% and GC has 15%. Sales have been picking up due to Nintendo 'giving away' a pick between their best titles (Metroid Prime, Wind Waker, etc.) and now packaging the Gameboy player with the GC. Hey is this a gimmick or smart marketing. I say smart marketing. So maybe the GC WILL overtake the Xbox in the global market. Everyone kicks Xbox's ass in Japan. GC has an 8.3 market share and the X has 1.6. And maybe to the average mother browsing the store, they're going to look at an Xbox...a Gamecube, "Oh, the Gamecube has a Gameboy Player"...lets get that! Regarding DVD you said, "Very true, but since when is this a major disadvantage to nintendo?" When the GC is in 3rd place.

Look dude I never said the GC or N64 has bad games. I love alot of the exclusives. It's just they obviously were the market leader, bucked a trend or arrived late, lost the lead once and didn't learn from that. I'm just hoping they don't screw up the Nexus (or whatever). If they aren't going to SELL a great system but make great games they as a company will fail (at the end of the fiscal year profits fell 36%). The way they haven't 'sold out' is by getting ultra violent games like GTA Vice (but they have RE ) .

If I annoy you, good, you shouldn't take such things too seriously (unless you own Nintendo). You gotta laugh or not respond little bud.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@12 July 2003 - 03:11
    Pitbul

u know wat i think, i think ur mother fucker and u must be in mental ward, asswhole

when ever i see ur replys i see ur insaulting peoples, u dump motherfucker.

about the pic Here u can find if ist real or not it GC website

DUmpoooooooooooooooooo
    haha ur the bitch who has a thing for "*" i maybe be an asshole but atleast i know what im talking about as u make it obvios ur as dumb as a pile of shit. and yup those pictures are fake u jackoff. they aren't even real pics. there CG'ed pics. there was a contest to see who could come up with the most realistic concept of what the next GC might look like.how the hell can those pics be real when Nintendo themselves haven't even came out with the design.they haven't even built the first Nexus prototype. if that site thinks there real. then that site is full of a bunch of dumbasses. and ur right i am a mmotherfucker just ask ur mom she knows cuz i fucked ur mother. so far u have not said anything even remotly intelligent and only posted information with nuthing to back it up. neither has anyone else. except for thinking calling me an idiot can hurt my feeling which is pretty funny if u ask me.

10. Games   -   #30
    Ah! Finally a topic about the Nexus, i had a pic of it and it looks like it will be able to play gamecube discs and gba games too!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast