Thread: ***rambus, Toshiba And Elpida Announce Xdr Dram***

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    a leading provider of chip-to-chip interface products and services, along with Toshiba and Elpida, today announced XDR™ DRAM. XDR DRAM uses Rambus' XDR memory interface technology, formerly code-named Yellowstone. Running at 3.2GHz, XDR DRAM offers 8x the bandwidth of today's best-in-class PC memory. As Rambus announced earlier this year, Sony Corporation and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. have licensed the XDR memory interface for utilization in future broadband applications with "Cell."
    The XDR DRAM family has been architected to offer mainstream memory solutions for a broad range of applications. XDR DRAM is expected to initially serve the high-bandwidth needs of consumer, graphics, and networking applications, with eventual applicability for PC main memory, server and mobile systems when these applications require higher levels of bandwidth. XDR DRAM can provide the cost benefits of mainstream memory while still outperforming low-volume specialty DRAMs. XDR DRAM offers significant cost savings by providing the same system bandwidth as alternatives with fewer DRAM components, low-cost 4-layer PCBs, and inexpensive industry-standard packages.
    Initially XDR DRAM will be offered at 3.2GHz with a roadmap to 6.4GHz and beyond, enabling memory system bandwidths up to 100GB/s. XDR DRAM will be available in multiple speed bins, device densities, and device widths. With densities ranging from 256Mb to 8Gb, and device widths ranging from x1 to x32, XDR DRAM satisfies the needs of both high-bandwidth and high-capacity systems. XDR memory's novel matrix topology allows point-to-point differential data interconnects to scale to multi-GHz speeds, while the bussed address and command signals allow a scalable range of memory system capacity supporting from one to 36 DRAM devices.
    "Rambus is pleased that XDR DRAM is being supported by industry leaders. The XDR family provides a fresh approach to memory system design and will resolve bandwidth bottlenecks, enabling rich feature sets in next-generation broadband systems," said Laura Stark, vice president of the Memory Interface Division at Rambus. "With XDR memory, design engineers can successfully implement high performance systems at low system price points."
    The XDR infrastructure, such as DRAM models, controller IO cells, clock generators, data sheets and system design guides, are available today for semiconductor and system design. From chip design to system integration and volume production, Rambus provides comprehensive services, support and a single point of contact for the entire memory system design to guarantee compatibility across multiple DRAM component vendors.
    Toshiba and Elpida expect to begin shipping XDR DRAM in 2004, ramping to volume production in 2005. Additional information on XDR DRAM and the memory interface.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Games   -   #2
    I found a REALLY cool slideshow showing that and a bunch more stuff concerning the PS3 technology and how it works. I'll try to find it, it's pretty interesting.

3. Games   -   #3

4. Games   -   #4
    How much do you think the PS2 will be. With all these new features it seems like it will be in the thousands

5. Games   -   #5
    The PS2 is currently 179.99

6. Games   -   #6
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    What a smart ass. You know he's talking about PS3.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #7
    Bawa... Why in the frock do you make all your topics like this :

***(insert over emphasized topic here!!!&#33***

its really annoying.

8. Games   -   #8
    I know he is. Just had to make a comment lol. Also, I would much rather be a smartass then be a stupid dumbass

9. Games   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    yeah..... uh huh. I would rather have 1 million dollars than 1 dollar.

By the way.....both are still asses and they STINK
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Games   -   #10
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Xelotath@12 July 2003 - 22:48
    Bawa... Why in the frock do you make all your topics like this :

***(insert over emphasized topic here!!!&#33***

its really annoying.
    cuz its will be easy to find ma post, and it will attract users

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button