Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Havent Been Sleeping Too Well Lately

Poster
    herbal remedies don't tackle sleep problems, only some symptom leading to it: Anxiety, stress which it calms. But if the problem is bad enough, there will be no real fix in herbal remedies.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    my GF went to this Chinese herbal shop the dude gave her sum powder type shit, and she had drink like a half hour b4 she went 2 sleep and it knocked her out good..

But i agree herbal stuff is not a gr8 solution

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    herbal? eh?
    /me wakes up. hello everyone!

lavender oil is really good for helping you sleep/relax. long hot baths, and milky tea usually works for me too.
    if that doesnt work, ask your girlfriend to hit you over the head with a mallet....works every time.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by lilmiss@12 July 2003 - 15:17
    herbal? eh?
    Very well put, yes Herbal can make you sleep actually I wasn't thinking along the lines of the sort of Amsterdam coffee-shop business. There's something about mixing tobacco with strange green bits and putting them in a paper sleeping bag which makes most tired. oh well.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    hell no!
    that wakes me up!

i have a hundred things that send me to sleep, but its different for everyone.
    i guess exercise and fresh air are good answers, but not feasible in the middle of the night really. a nice baileys helps me along the way, but then you have to be careful not to do it every night for routines sake.

Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

6. Lounge   -   #16
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Another victim of the internet.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    put a pillow over your head and one between your arm works for me everytime.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Wow, I actually had forgotten that I posted this thread. Thanks for all the replies thus far. But if you can tell, I'm still not getting sleep...

I plan on trying (just about) all your suggestions, and I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm especially intrigued by yours ezyryder, but that will take a considerable amount of will power to break my already broken body-clock. I'll start on yours eventually.

ScotchGuy, you were the first person to reccomend excercise... which happens to be something that it tend to neglect regularly. But, I thought that if you excercise right before bed, it was harder to get to sleep.

chalice: agreed.

Skweeky, please tell me more about self-hypnosis. Is it like meditation? I don't know if i have the patience for that. I barely have patience for school work!

MetroStars, my girlfriend also loves tea and herbal remedies. I have "Sleepy-Time tea" sitting in my cubbard... perhaps I'll try a cup before bed sometime.

lilmiss, I want to sleep, not get a concussion! As for fresh air, my house always has windows open, so no worry there.

Again, I'm a naturalist, so I tend to stay away from medication, even for a headache or a cold. So, perscription drugs are out of the question.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll let you know how things turn out for me. For the meantime, please continue to post suggestions!

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Originally posted by ezyryder@12 July 2003 - 10:01
    Now you have to be realisitc, if like most teenagers/students in the summer and you wake at 1pm, using the sleep equation of wake-time you won't really be properly tired until 4-5am (but likely later if been lazying arround, stuffing face with junk).

^^me.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Years ago, my doctor told me a way to "reset" your internal clock. Basically, you stay up for 24 hours, and then go to bed when your target time comes around. So, if you want to generally sleep at 10 pm, you'd stay awake for those 24 hours and then hit the bed when 10 pm comes around. I think I still have the pamphlets, if that's not a really good explanation.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast