Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Havent Been Sleeping Too Well Lately

Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    Suggestions on how to get a better nights sleep? I'm just going to bed now... around 4AM... And dont suggest medication.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Exercise.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Depends what you're suffering from. I could suggest a better matress, but if you're not uncomfortable, it won't do much good. I'm usually coming home around 4 am, so turning in before 6 is still early for me. But, then again, I'm an insomniac.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

4. Lounge   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Sex. Tried and tested.
    Sometimes I even nod off during it.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    hmmm, I'm having trouble sleeping lately too. If you can get yourself to calm down and don't be nervous, selfhypnosis works great.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    brotherdoobie's Avatar Long live Hissyfit BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@12 July 2003 - 02:43
    Suggestions on how to get a better nights sleep? I'm just going to bed now... around 4AM... And dont suggest medication.
    If you figure out anything let me know Infested Cats let me know
    I have the same problem.

I get about 3-4 hours sleep a night
    I was working 60 hours a week plus trying to get a business of the ground.

Now I am layed off from the job....still cant sleep

Peace brotherdoobie

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by Infested Cats@12 July 2003 - 07:43
    And dont suggest medication.
    Does that include all types of medication?

Like...Marijuana

Helps me sleep like a baby

<span style='color:blue'>Ladies and Gentlemen, John Frusciante</span>

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    i stayed up for 26 hours once it was odd because i didn&#39;t feel tired - depression you see

lots of strenuous exercise and comfort food, like ice-cream did the job
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    On average you need 15 hours Wake-Time aday, so let&#39;s say you rise at 10am - on an average day - your energy usage will cause you to tire down sufficiently till arround 1am - 2am. However, if for the whole day your eating snacks and drinking coffee/tea and not excersicing this adds another variable to the thing.

Try the following:

1) After 8pm don&#39;t drink fizzy, and take small ammounts of food.
    2) Before sleeping, if eating, have cereal or a glass of milk. something soft.
    3) Make sure your mind has been giving AT LEAST 30 minutes to unwind after using your pc, don&#39;t just jump into bed after using the internet, it leaves your mind hanging on what it&#39;s last done thus causes sleeping problems.
    4) Where possible take a little walk down the street (perhaps walk dogs to the park for the toilet, if you have them) or have a bath and or read afterwards, this uses energy and the latter sets a new slow-pace for your mind, causing it to be ready to sleep.

Now you have to be realisitc, if like most teenagers/students in the summer and you wake at 1pm, using the sleep equation of wake-time you won&#39;t really be properly tired until 4-5am (but likely later if been lazying arround, stuffing face with junk).

Now if you desperatley want to fix this sleep solution do what I suggested in my 4 steps, but also do this. Wake up arround 9am everyday for a week. DONT go back to sleep and aim to go to bed arround 1am. This stretches your limits and builds up a slight ammount of sleep-tollerance, but also after a week (one day wont correct anything) your body should be accepting its new internal-clock for sleep paterns. You see once you have a 4am sleep configured in your body, then if used to it your body will give you a second wind arround 10pm - 1am causing it very hard to "unwind" so do the four steps of unwinding before sleep and for a week torture yourself with an early rise and I can almost gaurantee you that the problem will go. However if it doesn&#39;t go to the Dr and explain this to them, as otherwise it&#39;s quite likely you have something such as a chemical unbalance in your brain (a form of depression) which is treatable (symptomatically) but generaly not cureable, but also you will be prescribed roughly 7-14 days of sleeping pills, more than likely Zolpidem Tartrate 10mg which will do the same thing but easier (the waking at good times etc) for you.

I hope that rather long but breif guide will help, good luck.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    c your Doctor.. and u could try sum herbal stuff... my crazy girlfriend swears by it...

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast