Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Trading Gone Bad

  1. #1
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    197
    This is a conversation that has happened, Becaues of a trade gone wrong. I was offered an Invite to oink for credits on tvtorrents.

    I sent the credits they were used and the guy then refuses to give me my oink invite . Because of a previous trade had gone wrong when someone tried to give me an unused account.

    but read the below thread and let me know what people think

    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04
    Okay.

    1. I dont and never have had a Oink account . I tried to trade for one and the guy i was trading with tried to give me his unused account. He registered me with my email address on this account. But i didnt want his account i wanted an invite. I'm expirienced enough to know that trading accounts is not allowed. So i'm not being fishy trying to be honest. I didnt mention it because Honestley i didnt even know it had happened or would be a problem.

    2. You regitered my tv torrents credits first without checking. I thought you would at least check every thing was okay. i was very surprised to see they had ben registered without hearing from you. and you did this without sending me my invite. wether or not you could oink would let you do this is irrelevant. Those were my credits which i gave you in good faith.

    3. I know you offered me your tv torrents account but as you should know multiple accounts are not allowed.

    4. I know it is a difficult situation. I do feel wronged. I use tv torrents alot. Please put youself in my position. I gave you 95% of the credits i have. and have ended up with nothing. But i realise. that the way the cookie crumbles. people talk about the wounderfull sharing communities. this is about the 4th time now ive been burned when i have tried to trust people. When in reality we are all just pirates. Belive me it wont happen again.

    And yes i will be posting this conversation on the forum. we will see what people think.


    Quote Originally Posted by m####k
    Dude.

    Calm down, I'm not sitting on the computer all day. It hasn't been very long. There's no reason to send me multiple pissy messages.

    I'm trying to make this as fair as possible. If i was trying to fuck you, you probably never would have heard from me after you sent me the invite to tvtorrents.

    Let me remind you that I tried to invite to oink, but the oink system rejected it. The fact you didn't tell me you've had an account before makes you very fishy.

    If I could return your credits I would, however as you pointed out I can not. I also offered to give you my tvtorrents account (something I am in no way entitled to do- I was trying to be nice), but you rejected that too.

    Asking the admins about this situation will not get me banned. The whole idea of honesty is full disclosure. If you started with that we wouldn't be here. The general consensus at oink is that I should "drop it (and [you]) with all possible haste."

    I'm sorry but I can not invite you to oink now. If you find a way for me to return your credits let me know and I will.

    If you feel that I've wronged you in someway please feel free to start a forum topic here and see what they have to say. You have my permission to post this entire conversation thread.

    Good luck to you. Your tvtorrent credits will sit used for 30 days.



    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04
    Dude you've had long enough.

    I dont understand, Asking the admin will end up with yourself getting band. Me getting band in the future. Just forget it give me my tv torrents credits (i'm worried about loosing them) or give me my invite to oink.

    I should never have trusted you with them

    Please can i hve my credits or my invite
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04
    Hello

    what are you doing?

    It took a long time for me to build those TV torrent credits up and i gave them to you in good faith. Now you have them. I cant have them back ( i cant have two tv torrents accounts its not allowed like its not allowed on oink i'm sure) you shouldnt have registered them. untill this was all sorted out.

    I'm not sure what to do. I belive in file SHARING and somthing isnt right here. you said you were going to take a couple of hours, well you have had them.

    are you going to sort this out? I dont want this to be nasty it should be easy. please respond.

  2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pimpin' in the South Pole
    Posts
    739
    If you were banned from Oink then what did you expect? Well, let me rephrase that. Everyone deserves a second chance. Unless you were cheating. Then you got what you deserve. But if for some strange reason you were banned for some obscure reason NOT related to cheating (highly unlikely) and wanted to rejoin this amazing tracker - why on earth would you give him the same email you used on the previous account?

    It appears to me he did everything he could. This is why you don't trade to begin with. If you had a good reason to rejoin Oink, a message forwarded to their admins might have found your account reactivated. Instead, you tried to circumvent the system, and you paid the price.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

  3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    197
    OMG i wasnt banned from oink i've never been a member before. Somone tried to trade me their account they put my email address in it that is where this confusin comes from. The account i assume was never banned.

    I just never recieved it. I wanted an account with my user detail not some elses that was all. So i tried again to trade an invite.

  4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    10 HUT! BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,212
    Don't trade, don't get scammed. If you DO trade... know the risks... I think after the 4th time I would stop if I were you......


    Sorry to hear about it though... really I am...

  5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Pimpin' in the South Pole
    Posts
    739
    What? They put your email into their account profile? But you never received the account from the guy during the trade? But because he added your email, which I assume wasn't verified through the system, Oink wouldn't allow that email to be used again? Hmmm. I see.

    As Captain Ahab would say, "Something smells fishy."
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

  6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    gaara400's Avatar Proud Muslim BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    349
    if you deal with trusted guys

    there is no any problem with trading

    just choose the right person to trade with him

    iam sorry for your lose


    We Are Muslims But We Respect All Religions

    We Are Prophet Mohamed Lovers

    But We Believe In All Prophets



  7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    I'm Back Everyone :) BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    763
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    OMG i wasnt banned from oink i've never been a member before. Somone tried to trade me their account they put my email address in it that is where this confusin comes from. The account i assume was never banned.

    I just never recieved it. I wanted an account with my user detail not some elses that was all. So i tried again to trade an invite.
    Isn't it easier to ask one for free?

  8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    4,452
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    OMG i wasnt banned from oink i've never been a member before. Somone tried to trade me their account they put my email address in it that is where this confusin comes from. The account i assume was never banned.

    I just never recieved it. I wanted an account with my user detail not some elses that was all. So i tried again to trade an invite.
    sorry bro perhaps i am misunderstood but how can someone else use ur email? if they even got an invite at ur email (unless they have access to ur email), how did they activate it? that's kinda weired to believe. and if you say that they just used ur email but the account does not exist there...go in OiNK channel and hopefully u can find an admin to resend u the invite (unless the invite is experied...which does not appear to be).

    Beside, i agree with ur trade partner...if he agrees to request admin to get ur credits back, what's the problem? Also, i think you should have told him that you had an account or ur email registered at OiNK... if i am to invite someone i expect them to be honest...and i see nothing wrong with that.

    Quote Originally Posted by psxcite View Post
    What? They put your email into their account profile? But you never received the account from the guy during the trade? But because he added your email, which I assume wasn't verified through the system, Oink wouldn't allow that email to be used again? Hmmm. I see.

    As Captain Ahab would say, "Something smells fishy."
    i am not sure but don't they send u verification email when email address is changed? if so, how could someone else verify it? "Something smells fishy" indeed.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 10-16-2007 at 11:41 PM.

  9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    You can never truely know someone. These are unfortunate circumstances that happen in life. The only sure way to not get scammed is to not trade. You should report the individual if you feel you were wronged and let them handle it.

  10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Member BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    12
    If you agreed to invite someone to oink and when you tried to send them an invite you got a message saying "There's already a user account with the e-mail address ***. If the user was disabled, they have to talk to staff about their account. Do not invite this person under this or any other email." what would you do?

    Also, if the account is still enabled, munkyboy should try recovering the password from here: http://oink.cd/recover.php
    Last edited by mpcusack; 10-17-2007 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •