Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oink and music trackers in general...

SteveSanders's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    I while ago I did a couple of trades, mainly to gain access to Oink. This tracker fulfills a need for music I haven't been able to fulfill anywhere else...

I succeeded in getting an invite but was eventually banned. The admins at Oink told me that the guy I traded with didn't actually own the invite but was somehow trading accounts. Therefore I was trading accounts as well, hence the ban. I respect that, but was very disappointed because I honestly thought the trade was legit(if that at all exists?) and also have a genuine interest in sharing and listening to music.

This thread isn't about me obtaining another invite to oink. The admins said I can never get into that tracker again. What motivates me is my interest in music, so if anyone can help me get in the right direction I'll appreciate it.

Do you think there is any way to verify to the admins that I have good intentions? Will they ever let me back inside?

If no, does anyone know of any trackers comparable to oink?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    cpg's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    Well...First u should tell us what music genre u like most?In what are u mostly interested?
    There are a lot, a lot of music trackers out there.
    Last edited by cpg; 10-17-2007 at 01:59 PM.

It's all about community!

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Sorry for you bro.. Oink is the best tracker for music...If you only have patience to wait for someone to give you an invite..This will not happen...

About trackers with Music you can try STMusic, FileMP3 and SCC they have a MP3 categories and it is freeleech....
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    thejosher's Avatar I'm Josh! BT Rep: +4
    There is always libble. Nowhere near the quality of oink but it has a decent number of releases.

For scene stuff the sites kirktrix mentioned are good.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    I find it hard to demarcate my musical interests but when I look at my collection it is mostly rock. Although I have some rarities and special items it covers more or less mainstream artists from the 60's to the present. But what I am looking for is good quality recordings from lesser known artists. These are typically in the genres bluegrass, classical, jazz, minimal house/techno, world music, indie music and hip-hop.

I know that's a lot, but I have very wide interests. Although at the moment I'm not that much into dance, trance or hardcore metal....

Hope that narrows it down a bit

Thanks kirktrix, I'll look into the ones you mentioned!

But don't you think they'll ban me again even though someone actually gave me an invite? I figure they flagged me as a cheater in their system, so if i ever get back in they'll just throw me back out...
    Last edited by SteveSanders; 10-17-2007 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    thejosher's Avatar I'm Josh! BT Rep: +4
    Less the staff of oink be lurking, I'm not suggesting this.. but it's very much a possibility that if you have a new IP and different username/email you'd be fine. Just the way bans work.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    I get it. Unless I can convince the staff I'm not a cheater I'll have to live without Oink. Since there not taking any chances (I wouldn't either) that's the bottom line...

That's a hard one to swallow but I'll manage

Signed up at Libble. Looks interesting - Thanks!

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    cpg's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    I can add softmp3.org. It's also great tracker for music,and I think it has free sign ups at the moment.
    Also musictorrents.ro wasn't mentioned here.

It's all about community!

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    Softmp3 looks pretty cool. Sign up was indeed free! Thank you cpg!

Also free sign up at filemp3

Does anyone have an invite to SCC?

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSanders View Post
    Softmp3 looks pretty cool. Sign up was indeed free! Thank you cpg!

Also free sign up at filemp3
    you can also try soulseek ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast