Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free Newsgroup Servers

TClite's Avatar Poster
    well, news.btopenworld.com/news.btinternet.com, under my adsl service are the only two servers provided for me, and theyre deplorable to say the very least, absolutely nothings complete, the retention is terrible its just plane mince. Im looking for the best free binary newsgroup server then, as mirc is too queued out for new releases, and bitt can lose seeders from time to time, im using newzbin pro, and its set up right...so it cant be the settings, but if anybody else on btbroadband can get one complete binary header ill eat everybodys hats

in short whats the best free news group server for binary releases lol

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    ive gt bt bb
    can i use them servers
    news.btopenworld.com/news.btinternet.com,

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    yeah, but theyre shocking, you wont find anything complete....please try them and feedback, so i know im not alone, id phone bt and have some words with them about why im paying £35 quid for such a crappy service, if only i could. I cant phone up and harp on about how i cant download copyrighted material

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    lol ok il give them a try tomorrow

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by TClite@12 July 2003 - 17:21
    yeah, but theyre shocking, you wont find anything complete....please try them and feedback, so i know im not alone, id phone bt and have some words with them about why im paying £35 quid for such a crappy service, if only i could. I cant phone up and harp on about how i cant download copyrighted material
    Why explain it that way, you should still complain, though some news servers just suck. Free you may not find, though some are ok at about $10 a month.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    ok, well, can you guys inspire me what to say to bt, the money grabbing communists. I cant phone up and say "hi, its a mr so and so here, just to tell you that the news group service provided under your servers is bollocks, not a single binary header is complete, and i cant download shit, you over charge, you provide little support and manipulate your customers with an array of complicated terms and conditions, then to top it off you tie them down to a year contract....."

sorry...

ps. fuck you

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by TClite@12 July 2003 - 20:47
    ok, well, can you guys inspire me what to say to bt, the money grabbing communists. I cant phone up and say "hi, its a mr so and so here, just to tell you that the news group service provided under your servers is bollocks, not a single binary header is complete, and i cant download shit, you over charge, you provide little support and manipulate your customers with an array of complicated terms and conditions, then to top it off you tie them down to a year contract....."

sorry...

ps. fuck you
    Once again, the answer is to pay for a service. I pay $20 a month and I get a guaranteed retention of all binary groups for 14 days, all non-binary groups for 30 days. The connection is fed to me from a DS45 backbone, so I'm allowed 8 similtaneous connections each downloading between 240K-300K depending on the time of day.

With that having been said, most large files, like movies/iso/image files are post with PAR files, which are used to create/repair broken archives. So if you download 80 RAR files, and two are missing/corrupt, you can re-create them with the PAR files. People create and post the PAR files because they know that people like you have newsgroups servers with shitty connections.

Sticky?
    Proud member of MDS

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by TClite@12 July 2003 - 17:12
    well, news.btopenworld.com/news.btinternet.com, under my adsl service are the only two servers provided for me, and theyre deplorable to say the very least, absolutely nothings complete, the retention is terrible its just plane mince. Im looking for the best free binary newsgroup server then, as mirc is too queued out for new releases, and bitt can lose seeders from time to time, im using newzbin pro, and its set up right...so it cant be the settings, but if anybody else on btbroadband can get one complete binary header ill eat everybodys hats

in short whats the best free news group server for binary releases lol
    do i need to use my BT Username to sign in or nething with these servers?

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    jus had a look on the BT groups and they are shocking. half of the files wernt ther and half em didnt even start downloading

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Well, its a free service, what do you expect? Besides, I believe they limit your bandwidth to 50mb/day or something. When you pay for a server, you can download as much as you want.
    Proud member of MDS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast