Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New BT Mod

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    People will also "critique" your grammar if you aren't careful.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DefX View Post
    No we actually used a lottery type machine yesterday to randomly draw the next mod and Detale's name came up. It could've been anybody really

It almost werent meant to be though as I initially dropped the first drawn entry on the floor and the wind whisked it away thereafter, as if it was an omen not to pick that guy. So we had to pick again and the rest is fst history.

I hope your not suggesting that moderating the BT section at FST is like National Service, and that we all have to take our turn.

Everyone will be monitoring their inbox waiting for the PM that simply says, 'It's your turn...'

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Congrats Detale, keep the good work up, and at all times remain impartial, no matter what we say about your loyalties!
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

Participation?

You could have someone make hundreds of posts in a day, but that does not mean they are active as such. It just means that they are spamming the board (or more likely trying to trade).

Give me someone who makes one quality post (a bit like me) than someone who posts for post sake.

I would also hazard a guess that Detale is known well to the administrative team here, and that is why he was selected from the many that frequent these forums. They obviously spotted a quality that they felt would benefit this place.

I would finally say that since they administer the site, the administrative team have the final say on who they promote. It's their site, so it is their decision. We have to live with it, good or bad.
    Well said.

I might have simply fallen back on the "quality vs. quantity" axiom, but yours works too.
    Well judging on the fact 80% of his posts weren't quality I'm guessing they came to the decision more based on the method
    DefX presented. Since we have come to the conclusion it wasn't the # of posts as well.]

I honestly think its more based on the fact they had been asking several people for the last couple weeks and all of them declined. So maybe he was the last person who volunteered to take on the title if they put a paper bag over his head or somethin?

Dont worry Detale we can call you the FST version of clark kent.
    Run into the phone booth and change into SUPERDETALE!!!!
    Last edited by Melvinmeow; 10-18-2007 at 07:22 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    80%? That's an awfully big number. Have you combed through every one of his posts to determine that? Besides, quality of posts is subjective at best. Find me another member here who has the same caliber of posts TheFox has. You'll be lucky if you even get to 5.

As far as the screening for the job, yes I know a couple of people who had to turn it down. So what? Are you implying that's a reflection of the quality of this forum? If so, then they could've easily fled from this forum, yet they're still active.

I have no need to defend Detale's selection but what sealed it for me was when he was ardently defending fst over at sct's forums when noone else was. Lots of members here were too chickenshit to even vote for that "Yes im an active poster at fst" option yet he was there on the front lines.
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Wow Melvin I didn't know you were so judgmental. Did I offend you somehow? My participation here is really none of your business. I have been here a while now and I have gotten to know some people quite well. Because I don't post 1000 x a day doesn't make me a bad member. The people I know I know well and they know how trustworthy I am if you don't know me get to know me. Otherwise please don't presume to know me.Apparently Staff here think I am good enough and so do I so please don't ruin my welcome thread with your pointless opinion.

EDIT: and over @ Revolt too!!! DefX

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    kallieb's Avatar Spamaholic BT Rep: +4
    so please don't ruin my welcome thread with your pointless opinion.
    Herein lies the most relevant point of the day. Take this to heart on and all. Any criticism in a congratulatory thread can only be viewed as a petty display of sour apples.

Detale: It's regrettable that your *outing* thread was sullied a tad, but take heart knowing that it is outcome that counts. I have no doubt you'll serve this role well.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    durex's Avatar PEACE AND LOVE BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Congrats and Good luck , although I don't remember to see you around here, but i'm sure they chosen an qualified member .
    Last edited by durex; 10-18-2007 at 08:04 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    DefX's Avatar Macula.Lutea. BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post

EDIT: and over @ Revolt too!!! DefX
    Oh excuse me
    "However awkwardly they might navigate the outside world, over the board they were killers." - NYT

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Well I try

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast