Thread: Bandwidth

hmmm im on 56k and i only download a song id like to hear and its only from an album im planning to buy cas its cheaper to buy an album then spend a day downloading it, maybe if they wanted to to solve the p2p epidemic they should put limits on it. but then again as soon as i get broadband i'll regret saying that just as u guys regret me saying it lol, sorry

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Then why say it, there is limits my isp has 10gb a month limit, but fuck them i download atleast 60, cuz that kinda charge aint gonna through on my credit card.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Well mine is 30GB a month, thought it was low, feel better now.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by IVIick@12 July 2003 - 18:39
    hmmm im on 56k and i only download a song id like to hear and its only from an album im planning to buy cas its cheaper to buy an album then spend a day downloading it, maybe if they wanted to to solve the p2p epidemic they should put limits on it. but then again as soon as i get broadband i'll regret saying that just as u guys regret me saying it lol, sorry
    cheaper to buy it than spend 1 day dloading it? wow your phone calls must cost you $5 per call....id change phone carrier...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    nah got flat-rate so 150 hours a month

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Unlimited downloading

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by stonecold1203@13 July 2003 - 02:48
    Unlimited downloading
    I though mine was as well untill I read the TOS on their site. Better check.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    The kicker with the limits is really the enforcability - send an email to your ISP and tell them that if they want you to obey their rules to give you the 30 bucks a year for DUMETER. Worked for me, although they are starting to post it on the website as a % over, so i can claim ignorance, or say it is to hard to understand.

Best bet, send them the letter for the dumeter, but also add that you would like to be email when they start enforcing with penalties, they will say yes, and not email you. That gives you a free month anyways (as long as you keep the letter.)

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    BANNED
    Mines unlimited

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    U have traffic limits?

I can download everything I want.