Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taking Pics Of Movies. How Is It Done?

dang is there anyway to solve the codec problem?

these are what I've gotten so far:

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    MediaSlayer's Avatar slowly going deaf
    You have 2 choices when it comes to codecs. One is more permenant, and the other is more temporary and less invasive.
    1) Install a real codec pack such as the one offered here at doa2.host.sk

2)a sufficient alternative would be to install the video lan player. It doesn't need real codecs it has plug-ins.

sending fiery missiles in manker's japan's general direction.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    I prefer the nimo codec pack over the klite one.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Actually, for the serious enthusiasts I would recommend Milan Cutka's ffvfw and ffdshow available from sourceforge.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    where can I get these codecs?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    media slayer since, u know so much about media, i have downloaded k-ltie codec pack the pack helped me play some movies!! which was all well and good, but not long after i had problems with working movies, they all started having some kind of frame diffucuties, every time some one/thing moved in the file the screen would go blure and contune form there

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    DarkBlizzard's Avatar Poster
    The Codec Pack has never fixed my windows media player problem ( It flickers ) So i just always use BS Player....BS Player is awesome...it makes videos look very very nice....i watched The Matrix Reloaded on BS Player like 2 months ago. It was extremely nice quality.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    You have 2 choices when it comes to codecs. One is more permenant, and the other is more temporary and less invasive.
    1) Install a real codec pack such as the one offered here at doa2.host.sk

2)a sufficient alternative would be to install the video lan player. It doesn't need real codecs it has plug-ins.
    I realize now this post could have been clearer. My fault. I didn't say which was which for one thing.
    The more invasive and more permenant way to install codecs is to install a real codec pack. K-lite, nimo, tsunami, and divx are common ones. Each one comes with different codecs, each one will do different things.
    If you want to play it safe, don't install a pack, install the video lan player instead.
    This is the less invasive method. I'm guessing one reason the packs are recommended more often is because you CANNOT encode without the official codec for a fourcc(type of codec). To encode divx, for example, you need the codec. Just having video lan installed will not work. You see, video lan comes with its own homemade plug-ins that improvise each codec so it will play in the video lan player. Mplayer does this too but it was written under linux and the windows version is not stable imho. In short, you can choose between installing a codec pack and possibly running into codec problems, depending on your situation, or installing video lan but not being able to encode movies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12