Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Or Ati

Poster
    Originally posted by "The Avatar Man"+12 July 2003 - 16:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("The Avatar Man" @ 12 July 2003 - 16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@13 July 2003 - 00:17

Many 3D video game companies design their software to be compatible with NVIDIA drivers and cards.

LMAO
    can you name ONE DECENT AND RECENT (last two years)game that is not compatible with ATI&#39;s Radeon series? [/b][/quote]
    YES&#33;
    Unreal tournament2003&#33; Very choppy with ATI Radeon 7000

Try these 3D demos. Quite amazing&#33;

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    hey chill avatar man, it&#39;s just something i read in a computer magazine. besides i do my research in anything before i buy it, i just want to hear some opinion from ppl that actually have first hand experience with the product.
    I&#39;m thinking on getting me a ATI radeon 9700 pro all in one wonder.
    And by the way N sync is a very popular group because record companies pays the radio station to play thier songs over and over againt till they brainwash you to like it. My opinion....they sucks, but my music taste have nothing to do with this thread.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by Spindulik+13 July 2003 - 04:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Spindulik @ 13 July 2003 - 04:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> </div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("The Avatar Man" &#064; 12 July 2003 - 16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Spindulik@13 July 2003 - 00:17

Many 3D video game companies design their software to be compatible with NVIDIA drivers and cards.

LMAO
    can you name ONE DECENT AND RECENT (last two years)game that is not compatible with ATI&#39;s Radeon series? [/b][/quote]
    YES&#33;
    Unreal tournament2003&#33; Very choppy with ATI Radeon 7000

Try these 3D demos. Quite amazing&#33; [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s because ITS AN OLD CARD&#33;&#33;&#33;
    NOT BECAUSE ITS ATI.
    Runs like magic on an >>>>ATI<<<< Radeon 9800 Pro
    that&#39;s like saying that unreal 2003 doesn&#39;t support nvidia cards cause it runs like crap on a gforce 2

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    both ATI and Nvidia make great cards. Nvidia traditionally has better, more stable driver files... but in the past year, ATI have finally started catching up and even though you are still more likely to have a software compatibility problem with ATI than Nvidia, the chance of actually encountering a major bug does keep getting smaller.

and yeah, you are not going to get a straight answer from anybody when you start a thread like this, because everyone will just start bickering about incorrect info, personal biases, etc. it&#39;s like asking whether Coke or Pepsi is better. people can argue for days about it, and you still won&#39;t get a correct answer.

may as well just go read some computer review sites and figure out which brand offers the features you want, which is pretty much the only way they distinguish from each other.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    just go to http://www.tomshardware.com look at the benchmarks, and the comments about what sort of extras u get and the conclusions they make. That&#39;ll give u some of the most respected and unbiased experts opinions. Geforce isn&#39;t better than Ati and the reverse is also true, however, certain cards are better and some are better value.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Poster
    Lucasarts amd the game Star Wars Galaxies does not support any of the Mobile ATI cards.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Originally posted by Pitbul@13 July 2003 - 18:39
    Lucasarts amd the game Star Wars Galaxies does not support any of the Mobile ATI cards.
    yeah but

"Supported Chipsets at the time of release:
    ATI Radeon 7200/7500
    ATI Radeon 8500/9000
    ATI Radeon 9500/9700
    Matrox Parhelia
    NVIDIA GeForce 256
    NVIDIA GeForce 2 family
    NVIDIA GeForce 3 family
    NVIDIA GeForce 4 family
    NVIDIA GeForceFX family"

i wouldn&#39;t be surprised if a patch eventually comes out, that supports laptop Radeon Mobility chips. it wouldn&#39;t be that difficult.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Curious? I didn&#39;t look, going to do that next,.lol,

Didn&#39;t ATI say no more vid cards, just mobo, and partner chip sales? Think it was on Tom&#39;s hardware?

Don&#39;t quote me, but why buy a product, if your not sure about the brand, I wouldn&#39;t get the one that might not offer support for the future....

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Poster
    Webchef how can that be when they are already starting the process to come out witha new Vid Card? use common sense before posting that crap. also Half Life 2 will be most optimized for ATI Radeon 9600+ cards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast