Thread: Illeagal Downloads Are Boosting Album Sales

I thought most of us would enjoy this:

http://www.news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=748832003

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    Now if only we can get through to the artists that mp3 piracy is good then that would be great.

I don't care what the businessmen say. I care what the artists say. Well that's just because my favorite band (Stratovarius if anyone cares ) is anti mp3 piracy. I wish they just understood the benefits of it. They think artists lose money. Well they thought wrong.

Not just detestable bands like Metallica are against the mp3 pirates.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    jib
    The internet should be a place of FREEDOM where all things including information, data and files should be free to access and/or download

It sometimes annoys me when big companies or entire industry's try to commersialise the internet

kazaalite is #1 for mp3's, film's and software

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    The writer of that article and the people who did the "research" seemed to have missed a very important point- most albums only have one or two songs that I would want anyway.
    Usually the rest is just filler.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    chalkmongoose
    Or even worst, some CD collections, like the remarkable "Ken Burns Jazz" collection, sell for a massive amount of money when you only want maybe ten songs.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    the music industry make millions anyway!!! y worry about illegal file d/lin im sorry but i cudnt afford 2 spend £13 £14 on each album if i had bought all the stuff i got then i wud hav spent like £500 and thats jus crazy

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by chalkmongoose@14 July 2003 - 14:33
    Or even worst, some CD collections, like the remarkable "Ken Burns Jazz" collection, sell for a massive amount of money when you only want maybe ten songs.
    Exactly.
    Every time I buy a rack of blank CDs now, I prefer to call it my "Best of Britney Spears Collection".
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by clocker+14 July 2003 - 20:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (clocker @ 14 July 2003 - 20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chalkmongoose@14 July 2003 - 14:33
    Exactly.
    Every time I buy a rack of blank CDs now, I prefer to call it my "Best of Britney Spears Collection". [/b][/quote]

Love that&#33; But then I have a ton of mp3s to upload most of them by people youve never heard of and/or people who were dead before DOS PCs came out.