• I will give my answer in my Post

2 2.56%
  • Who cares lemme spam :>

14 17.95%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do u still Feel Proud To be a member of SCT

Swax's Avatar n00blet
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    For example: Friend of mine was able to pm a staff member and buy their way in.

I heard the Staff charge for Passkey Resets too now....get real

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    SCT used to have a very different image (i was one of the first ones there way back) where it was sorta how FTN is now, exclusive and private. Now it's in a state of constant expansion and growth, resorted to p2l, users pay for the sct seed server, and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up.. Personally I'm sad about how disappointed I am in sct from what I used to love so much about it.. SCT to me is now just another TL. The day people stop paying for sct's 90 triple quad core 9GB ram super xeon servers, sct will die.
    I would love to see how xmore, zasx, and the others feel about what it's become today..

Anyways, a bit off topic sorry.
    I believe the original poster was referring to how sct isn't as "elite" as it once was because it's so easy to get into now. When you say "yea I'm on sct" chances are the other person will say "yep, me too."

Anyways, I saw two people ask what this thread was all about, this was my take on it.
    Since when is anyone forced to donate/pay anything to use ScT? Site does use the donation money for the seedbox, but no one is forced to donate. All contribution are purely voluntary. Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.

And comparing ScT with TL is also quite funny. What exactly is the same about these two sites?

Besides what is wrong with growth? 17k users is a nice number indeed and it has it's benefits. There are more peers and that is the also one of the reasons for the good speeds. Torrents live a lot longer etc. Sure, it's cool to have a private community of 6k users, but that also has it's downsides

As for my vote, yeah I am still proud to be a member.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Now it's in a state of constant expansion and growth
    The future.

resorted to p2l,

users pay for the sct seed server,
    Yep, and its all explained to them what they are donating too

and now relies on that to survive vs the old days where there were uploader groups of amazing friendships who would all group up on late nights and race each other to get that release up..
    You still have lots of uploaders, over 30 and we are still all in irc having a laugh, we still all stay up late and have fun. Pulling this info out of your ass again

SCT to me is now just another TL.

I would love to see how xmore, zasx, and the others feel about what it's become today..
    Site wouldn't exist, simple as that.

And, just lol. Stop making up bullshit, your life revolves around making up bullshit to get on with your lilo life.

/Fee

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by kavselj View Post
    Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.
    p2l means you have to pay if you want to leech. Which is not the case in ANY private tracker. This is the pure , unaltered definition of this term. Now what others are making it seem, it's a different story. Mainly to bash other sites and up their's. The donations of ScT are "bad" , because you receive a small atention from the staff, and the donation at FTN is the best thing in the world because you get nill for it. Everybody twists the term as they please these days

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    Also it seems you are misinterpretating the p2l definition.
    The donations of ScT are "bad" , because you receive a small atention from the staff, and the donation at FTN is the best thing in the world because you get nill for it. Everybody twists the term as they please these days
    but in FTN you dont have to pay to invite a friend ..

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post

The donations of ScT are "bad" , because you receive a small atention from the staff, and the donation at FTN is the best thing in the world because you get nill for it. Everybody twists the term as they please these days
    You don't have to pay on ScT either. There are 25k invites out there waiting to be handed out. Too bad for you if you have no one to invite you Again people are misinterpreting the whole thing. When you donate, you DO NOT pay for invite. If you would be paying for it, then that wouldn't be a donation anymore You can choose invite along with a donation, but you're not paying for the invite, you're donating to the site and getting a free invite as a bonus.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    BANNED BT Rep: +3

You don't have to pay on ScT either. There are 25k invites out there waiting to be handed out. Too bad for you if you have no one to invite you Again people are misinterpreting the whole thing. When you donate, you DO NOT pay for invite. If you would be paying for it, then that wouldn't be a donation anymore You can choose invite along with a donation, but you're not paying for the invite, you're donating to the site and getting a free invite as a bonus.
    been a member there for a while now ..
    and i have invited people to SCT before.. but now the only way to get an invite is to donate ..

no more invites for good sharer's !

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    How about the fact if I wanted SCT invite I could get several in 24 hours without any friends, just a paypal account. Hell, a site was even offering them with discounts on 3 if you had 2 friends.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Swax's Avatar n00blet
    but now the only way to get an invite is to donate ..
    How else would you suggest doing it? Giving out 1 invite to every user every year? Completely flood the 'invite economy'? There's already 25,000 invites in the system. Guess it just sucks for you if you don't have any left

Quote Originally Posted by KinkyAfro View Post
    How about the fact if I wanted SCT invite I could get several in 24 hours without any friends, just a paypal account. Hell, a site was even offering them with discounts on 3.
    You could get any invite you wanted using Paypal. FTN, SCC, TL etc.. you name it it's available. Since when did trackers become directly responsible for 3rd Party sites/people that sell their invites against their wishes?
    Last edited by Swax; 10-19-2007 at 06:39 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    I wouldn't have to use a third party site, all I would do is PM SCT users and it wouldn't take long before someone agreed to donate for me.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast