Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: FreeRice Word Definitions Game

dinsdale's Avatar Poster
    One of the senior software developers in my office got to level 49! How many grains of rice in a single meal anyway?

2. Lounge   -   #42
    ..I better not tell you my results..it will make you all jealous and I would end on all your ignore lists...

Spoiler: Show

3. Lounge   -   #43
    While interesting at first, I quickly realized how little of an impact my question-answering was making.

29,000 grains in a pound means 1,812.5 grains per ounce which means 182 correct questions per ounce of rice. Assuming you can answer these questions correctly at a rate of one question for every two seconds, this means that you would spend 364 seconds, or just over 6 minutes, answering questions. Given that I can buy a box of rice for less than $5 at the local supermarket, I think it would be a better deal for me to just write a check for $5 to the United Nations World Food Program (where the "free riceHOW MANY GRAINS OF RICE IN A POUND? Stingy ass mothers. Don't see how this could help much.

According to Producer's Rice Mills, (http://www.producersrice.com/rice/facts.html), there are over 29,000 grains in a pound of long grain white rice.

You'd have slightly fewer for long grain brown, as each grain retains its bran layer. Short grain rice is 3-4 times shorter, so you'd have 3-4 times as many in a pound

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    So just play it more
    Now go away.

5. Lounge   -   #45
    dinsdale's Avatar Poster
    But what is more likely? You play the game some more, or you donate money? Your vocabulary also improves, and the game is fun. As yesterdays total was 212,660,970 grains, that equates to roughly 1,800 pounds of rice, assuming you get four times as many per pound. That is not bad for a daily sum generated by an online flash game. It will also attract revenue from people who would not think of donating to charity.

So there.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    Man I'm glad this isn't getting graded.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Fibo's Avatar - Keep Walking - BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    40 not bad i guess.

Ill try it again.
    Its been awhile but I'm back... well sort of.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Aaxel21's Avatar AHHHHH!
    Got more rice.
    Remember bullets always have the right of way.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    kittybewm's Avatar bob bob bob bob
    There should be a freeramen game

10. Lounge   -   #50
    MsDraginGirl's Avatar Benchez' missus
    I got 42 steady.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast