Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seedboxes over Usenet?

KFlint's Avatar ... BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    i'll have a look at giganews someday i guess

the possibility of getting old releases at full speed is tempting for sure..

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Seedbox is cheaper solution. Newsgroups are quite uncomfortable for me so far. When i see something on private tracker with 5 min pretime, i cba to wait to get it from NG, since my buffer allow me to dl whatever i want for next 2 years (its not hit'n'run just to be clear, you can get 1:1, but if you cant, no problem at all). Also the system of getting releases i find kinda messy @ newsgroups. From my own experience, i hardly can tell a "plus" of ng. I have everything i want from BT - fast, with good pre and in very simple way. About security i cant say much, but it dont really bother me - i feel safe with both I have been using ng's only for week or so, but now my answer would be "Seedbox by all 10" (it might change in future - i dont know)

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by stroj View Post
    Seedbox is cheaper solution.
    No, no it isn't. Stating such is just foolish.

Newsgroups are quite uncomfortable for me so far. When i see something on private tracker with 5 min pretime, i cba to wait to get it from NG,
    Ah yes, ignore all the releases that are on Usenet before any private trackers. I see what you did right there. Fortunately, those of us that know better, know that statement only convinces the simpletons and maybe yourself.

since my buffer allow me to dl whatever i want for next 2 years (its not hit'n'run just to be clear, you can get 1:1, but if you cant, no problem at all).
    Again, who cares? With newsgroups you don't have to upload at all.

Also the system of getting releases i find kinda messy @ newsgroups. From my own experience, i hardly can tell a "plus" of ng.
    Too dim to know what you're looking at? Sounds like a personal problem. Don't mean to be a dick, but again, there really is no comparison.
    Last edited by Skizo; 10-19-2007 at 11:51 PM.

yo

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Poster BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    I was talking from my own view and experience, i know iam not 100% always right (maybe like you? ). I dont care about your "facts", iam looking at it from practical view, based on my needs.

I never had problem to get the older rls's from p2p.

No you dont, you just have to PAY. But who cares right...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    USENET is OK for older releases, especially if you get an account at Giganews with 200 days retention. If you have a decent collection of private torrent sites the newish content available is far better than what USENET has to offer.

With USENET in the firing line, I'm not sure how long it will last.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)

No you dont, you just have to PAY. But who cares right...
    As if you don't with a seed box??

Besides, some do; some don't. I know the VP at Giganews as they're in my city and have an account for free. Many users also use ISP accounts as well. Some do pay, yes.

yo

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    Timewarner offers free usenet access to all it's customers. Granted, the retention on some groups is pitiful. But it's free.

As to pre-times, I've seen a few recent releases on the NG before they hit BCG. I usually check the NG first so I can grab it there and seed on the trackers. Halo 3 come sto mind. And of course, nothing beats the speed on Newsgroups. There is no competition when it comes to that department. You will max your line all the time with Giganews.

Although you don't have to upload on newsgroups, the whole idea behind the community is sharing. Uploading isn't that hard and giving back occasionally to your favorite group is just agood and decent thing to do. Someone uploads the stuff you leech?

Of course I'm biased, as I am one of the founder members that chartered alt.binaries.dvdr.
    "Dude, where's my rar?"

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    I very much know that none will support me here, but all you torrent and NG users , try getting a Rapidshare premium acc . It can give u your max ISPs speed, no ratio hassles, only 10bucks a month and if u know the right sites for getting RS links, u can get all your stuff that evn torrent trackers sometimes dont have.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Bunnies on Fiber!
    its a pity to see that some people here talk about ratios as "buffers" >.<

aniway ^^

a seederbox definitely beets the hell outta usenet =^.^= and its also a vital part of a site if it comes to decent speeds on your favourite trackers =^.^= and they are mostly kept alive by the donations of friendly users that care fo the community and/or the friendly few bucks that staffmembers can spare =^.^=

personally my epenis does'nt gets vewwy hard from USE-net and it prolly never will.

oh and for those interested: i get my daily load of shares from torrents, and i try to feed the smaller Communities with it so that they also can get new users that like the site =^___^=

"and in the end it all comes down to sharing, just like it has always been"

@ tithakrit : p2l is wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    psxcite's Avatar Pimpilicious Penguin
    I simply enjoy the variety and volume of content. If you add up every torrent on all the sites that members of FST use - it still won't even come close to a 10th of what is available on usenet with a good provider.

And trust me when I say, rapidshare can't compare to usenet.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy torrents. I love the conceipt and it definately promotes sharing. Unlike the usenet environment. But nothing beats NGs and scene ftp access.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast